Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
Submissions (OR: "Why is my sheet taking so long to get on the site?")
(09-07-2017, 09:39 AM)Silversea Wrote: By the way, curious what the guidelines are for games that never came out in English. For instance Dobutsu no Mori e+ never received an English release, although the translation would be "Animal Forest e+".  Kawa No Nushi Tsuri 5 is the same (if in English, it would be called River King 5).

I submitted the first game as "Dobutsu no Mori e+ / Animal Forest e+" and it remained that way. I submitted Kawa No Nushi Tsuri 5 as " Kawa No Nushi Tsuri 5 / River King 5" and it became "River King 5 (JP)".

So which is preferred? I see downsides to not having both names, such as:

-if only the English name is given, searches for the romanized JP name will not show in results on site.
-the English name, being unofficial, may not be recognized by users on site (and often does not show up on google searches).
-games in the same series should show together, for instance searches for "River King" should bring up this game, but if only the Japanese name is shown obviously it won't.

I guess the eventual tagging feature for games would solve this, and in that event I suppose the Japanese name is best when that comes along, given that is what the game is actually called.

This is something we hope to streamline in the future. As far as I can tell, use the official English name where available. If River King 4 was released in English-speaking regions, it's reasonable to think that this one would have been called River King 5. However, since it wasn't, it's still "officially" known by its Japanese name. So it should be English / Japanese. Unless we don't have an official name. It's... tricky.
[Image: b1.php?u=39480955]
Quote:You had wasted MY LIFE... waiting for just a goddamn bunnelby model.
-The prestigious Farlavor
Thanked by: Silversea

Messages In This Thread
RE: Submissions (OR: "Why is my sheet taking so long to get on the site?") - by Ton - 09-07-2017, 11:08 AM