Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Midday-Mew's Sprite Thread
Hello folks! It's Midday again. Here's a sample of the project I'm currently working on, a rather over-ambitious spriting project where I attempt to sprite all Mario series items (barring those from the M&L games, from the handheld Mario Party games, from the Mario&Sonic crossover games, and from the sports games, as well as most of the items from SMRPG since those didn't really have a physical appearance, though I made an exception for the Max Mushroom, Royal Syrup, and Star Egg, as seen in the following sprite sheet!) in my Super Mario World Revamped style!

[Image: lCEh9BX.png]

The Super Mario World Revamped Style is basically a revamp of Super Mario World style. The restrictions to the style are as follows: sprites generally limited to 16px by 16px tiles, up to 8 colors per 16px by 16px tile (transparency reserved for the ninth color), and using only colors naturally found in Super Mario World. Also uses shading in the sprites, and sprites in this style are intended to be a vast improvement over the horrid shading of the original SMW sprites. There were some sprites which I did not include from Super Mario World, either because I felt incapable of making an improved version (Power Balloon), or because I felt that the originals were just fine (Cape Feather, Coins, Silver Coins, Key, P-Switch, Silver P-Switch). Although I do believe I could make an improved version of the P-Switches' shading, now that I think about it... Hm....

Also, the Mega Mushroom sprites at the top are a work-in-progress and not finished. I still need to animate those in a personal animation so as to get the frames right for the sprite sheet.

Critique and feedback on the sprites would be much appreciated! If you have questions about which item is which, feel free to ask me.

As a side note, the Mushroom with the crown motif is my design of the Max Mushroom, and the jar/bottle with the gem "cork" and the crown motif is my design of the Royal Syrup. The Max Mushroom and the Royal Syrup items are from Super Mario RPG.

EDIT: I forgot to mention, but the icons used for the apples are temporary and will be replaced with better ones once I figure out which ones to use for them. By icons, I mean the "$", "G", "Y", "Bk", and the skull-and-crossbones. The icons are intended to aid colorblind users in telling the apples apart. The apples are incidentally a merge of the berries from Super Mario World with the apples from the Overthere in Super Paper Mario.
Avatar made by UnknownBearProd on deviantART, as commissioned by me.
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
Midday-Mew's Sprite Thread - by Midday-Mew - 02-28-2015, 04:52 PM
RE: Midday-Mew's Sprite Thread - by Vipershark - 02-28-2015, 11:01 PM
RE: Midday-Mew's Sprite Thread - by Ton - 03-02-2015, 07:37 PM
RE: Midday-Mew's Sprite Thread - by Midday-Mew - 03-02-2015, 08:10 PM
RE: Midday-Mew's Sprite Thread - by Ton - 03-03-2015, 09:15 AM
RE: Midday-Mew's Sprite Thread - by Midday-Mew - 03-03-2015, 03:31 PM
RE: Midday-Mew's Sprite Thread - by Ton - 03-03-2015, 04:38 PM
RE: Midday-Mew's Sprite Thread - by Midday-Mew - 03-09-2015, 06:19 PM
RE: Midday-Mew's Sprite Thread - by Ton - 03-09-2015, 07:16 PM
RE: Midday-Mew's Sprite Thread - by Midday-Mew - 03-09-2015, 09:11 PM