Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
Key's Thread for Showing Off My Art Things
I have a lil criticism, but I'll keep it constructive!! My apologies if I'm unhelpful or come off as kind of a dick!!!

[Image: shakethebob.jpg]

It looks like you're gettin' faces down C: but what kinda caught my attention was her waist. I notice her shirt ends a little high and her skirt a little low. I assume that's the bottom of the character's stomach, but given how it ends sharply and just around the character's hips, it kind of looks like the character's pelvis (which is probably not the intent). If I'm wrong and it is the character's pelvis, while it stays true to rules of anatomy, the end result looks a little...campy.
I just noticed the character's wearing a vest over a blouse. If you're thinking about returning to this piece - OK, I'd assume a schoolgirl would tuck their blouse into their miniskirt, with parts of the blouse hanging over the waist of the miniskirt. You could try using the blouse to cover this part of her stomach/pelvic area. Just be careful how you present it - if you don't draw the creases of the tucked-in shirt properly, it might end up looking like a beer belly. Tongue

The other thing is the mug of beer. I can tell that you spent the most time on the character's face and the arm holding the beer glass (which, that arm is spot-on) but then the beer glass looks like a quick job.
I'm not sure exactly where to go with suggesting it, but if you're considering revisiting that as well -
- A beer mug typically has a base, with the content "housed" inside
- The head of the beer typically has a foamy look, like bubble bath, or a cloud (you had the right idea with the original sketch you erased; the cylinder you used to form the beer mug was pointed a little too downward tho)
- For maximum beery effect, you could draw a few bubbles in the beer mug, to give it a carbonated look

but ye, as Gors said - you're still learning (and we're all eternally students of art) so d/w, just take these as kinda...pointers for the next time I guess lol.
Oh, yeah: if you're sketching something you're not familiar with, it's OK to sketch it a lot lighter so it's easier to erase later! Once you're comfortable with the shape you can apply a little more pressure to those finalized lines.

EDIT: Is that Vipershark in the background? lol
[Image: 57d2BGH.png]
! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! refs
shoutouts to cutesu for the new av!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Key's Thread for Showing Off My Art Things - by Kosheh - 07-16-2015, 06:27 PM