Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
PewDiePie Against Nintendo's Cash Share Plan
I'm a little mixed about this whole situation. While there's no way anyone will pay me to ever watch PewDiePie's videos, I've heard relatively positive things relating to how he is in real life (i.e. being down to earth, donating money). If you take a look at some of the comments (particularly the ones by Bowlingotter), they mention that PewDiePie acknowledges that Nintendo's plan makes absolutely no difference to him. Instead, he's more concerned about the smaller channels that actually need the exposure and monetary support.

While it does sound good in a perfect world for Nintendo to just accept the free publicity, looking at the other side of the argument made me realize why that's not a good idea either. Nintendo made these games to begin with and they have every right to yank all the content down that uses their intellectual property if that needs to be the case. The let's players are pretty fortunate that Nintendo is not sending any takedown notices, and Nintendo itself could use the extra money to refine and make better games.

With that said, I think their profit sharing plan could work if it was tweaked a little more to cut smaller channels some slack. If a channel is starting out, it receives significantly larger share of the profits until it becomes larger and more popular. Then, Nintendo will have a larger percentage depending on the size of the channel. Also, this is a little bit of wishful thinking, but I would like the ability for channels to willingly accept smaller shares from the ad revenue in exchange for the promise of additional support from Nintendo.
(02-27-2014, 07:31 PM)Gors Wrote: DO NOT BE AFRAID TO SUCK. DO NOT BE AFRAID TO SHOW YOUR SUCKY ART. I think this needs to go noticed to everyone, because sucking is not failing. Sucking is part of the fun of learning and if you don't suck, then you won't own at pixelart

it's ok to suck, sucking is not bad, just try and aim to always do your best!
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: PewDiePie Against Nintendo's Cash Share Plan - by E-Man - 02-01-2015, 08:17 AM