Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
PewDiePie Against Nintendo's Cash Share Plan
I'm not a fan of PewDiePie's channel myself (I can't say anything about him as a person though, I've never met or spoke with him), but I'm on Nintendo's side myself.

Everytime something cropped up about Nintendo doing something with their copyrighted content, I've always been on their side, because these people are literally getting paid just to play through their game and talk over it the whole video. It'd be no different if someone did the same to a movie. You're basically revealing all the contents in a product that people would otherwise have to pay to see. Sure, games have an interaction layer that you just don't get by watching videos, but at the same time, especially for story-driven games, the story is a good portion of the game. If you see all the cutscenes somewhere online (*cough*like I did with the Ace Attorney games*cough*), you don't have as much incentive to get the games as you did before.

This "free advertising" argument doesn't work for big time companies anyway. They don't need some YouTuber to advertise their games; word gets around just from the fans alone, and their showcase streams. That argument really only holds water for small indie projects, and those people are usually okay with it.
[Image: tamerkoh.gif?9][Image: DevBanner.png][Image: Youtube.gif]DLBROOKS33
Thanked by: Gwen, BullockDS

Messages In This Thread
RE: PewDiePie Against Nintendo's Cash Share Plan - by Koh - 02-01-2015, 07:26 AM