Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Shemp.....A work in progress.

For my newest spite attempt I thought it would be interesting to post my progress as it develops. As I consider myself a novice at rendering sprites I feel that this is a good way to show my approach and thought process and as always, any pointers, tips, critiques are always welcome. Please note that if I have violated any forum rules I sincerely apologize as I am new to this also.

That being said, my latest attempt was inspired by watching classic Three Stooges comedies and I realized that Shemp has, to my knowledge, never been represented in any Stooges games. The classic line up of Moe, Larry, and Curly are the representatives. I thought it could be fun to have a Three Stooges game with a selectable "third stooge" to represent each era. I used screen grabs of my own game play and ripped the images from them to help me proportion my rendering to size. I use several images for reference (the one for side view is attached to this post), mostly to render Shemp's head and to see his whole body in proportion to Moe and Larry. I noticed that Shemp is taller and thinner so I began by making his head two pixels higher than the others and rendered his head using my reference as my guide and adjusting to fit the sprite style. I have just started rendering his body, as seen in the attachment, here for all to see. Again any pointers, tips, critiques are always welcome.

Just added my latest progress!
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
Shemp.....A work in progress. - by MoeDiggy372 - 01-28-2015, 09:10 PM
RE: Shemp.....A work in progress. - by Kelvin - 01-29-2015, 10:44 AM
RE: Shemp.....A work in progress. - by E-Man - 01-29-2015, 10:57 AM