Users browsing this thread: 4 Guest(s)
Have you ever gotten into a game because of its sprites?
A few games got me into them because of the sprites. But the most important test of whether or not I stay is the gameplay. I've seen some pretty decently sprited games, only to find the gameplay is bullshit. Here's my breakdown of the most important aspects of a game:

Gameplay - 33%
If the gameplay sucks, or is just boring, there's no point in trekking through the game.

Music and Sound - 33%
The OST plays a heavy hand in immersion. If the music is bland or too repetitive, you can kiss that immersion goodbye. Sound effects need to be appropriate.

Story, Setting, Plot, Characters - 33%
If the game is going to have a story, it might as well be an interesting one. IF it's boring, or I don't care about the characters, what incentive do I have to keep going? Unless the gameplay is decent....you can kiss trekking on goodbye.

Everything else - 1%
Why aren't graphics a big chunk? Because they really don't matter ultimately. If all the other stuff holds up, graphics can be overlooked. Now, this isn't to say poorly drawn games, like stick figures and such, wouldn't be ignored based on screenshots, but as long as the gameplay is decent, it shouldn't matter. After all, you play a game for the GAMEPLAY and whatever story it may have, if any, not to stare at graphics all day.

TL; DR: A few games I've played because the sprites caught my attention, but they aren't all that important.
[Image: tamerkoh.gif?9][Image: DevBanner.png][Image: Youtube.gif]DLBROOKS33
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: Have you ever gotten into a game because of its sprites? - by Koh - 01-25-2015, 10:49 AM