Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Victory Among Others / Crushing Defeat (Best and Worst in Franchise)
Didn't see a thread like this anywhere, thought it would be interesting.

Basically, pick a video game franchise of your choosing, single out the best and the worst entry. Doesn't matter if you've played every game in the series, just go off of the ones you've experienced. Discuss why you chose what you did. Why was it so good? What could have made it better?

Just so this post has some meaning, I'll share my thoughts on Metroid I guess.

Super Metroid
I can't rave about this game enough. The story (yeah, I said it), the graphical accomplishment, gameplay, and general feel of the game is something I haven't experienced from a Metroid game, since. The feeling of loneliness is completely amplified by the haunting music, environments, and indigenous creatures. The bosses weren't always hard, but figuring out how to beat them (Draygon gave me so much trouble for the most ridiculous reasons) was always so much fun. The ending too...

Metroid (NES)
This is where things upset me. There's never been a Metroid game I truly don't like (Never played Other M, probably not going to) but this would have to take the cake for the weakest link in the franchise, which is bs because it was the original. It suffers from the crummy thing called "time". As a game, it's super fun, one of the best for the Nintendo Entertainment System, but comparing it to later games, it just can't compete.

Eager to see some others. Be nice, don't trash anyone for there opinions. An opinion like this is completely singular and has nothing to do with anyone but the one giving it. Please respect that. That however does not mean you can't discuss things, you can disagree, but try not to be a total dick about it if possible and explain why you disagree with some smarts, and everything will go great. ^__^
[Image: 582217063e.png][Image: RWDCRik.png]

Thanked by: recme

Messages In This Thread
Victory Among Others / Crushing Defeat (Best and Worst in Franchise) - by Shade - 01-04-2015, 04:40 PM