Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
So it's been a long road.
I don't know how many of these "I'm back messages" I've made so far, but well here's another one.

Anyone who's been even slightly following my life knows things went, well, pretty bad. In one way it's amazing to see how strong the human soul is, on another it's nearly impossible to even conceive how hard a person can fall and just how cruel people can seem to be - and your brain nearly ripping itself apart to try and understand the logic.

I've made mistakes, I've handled things badly at times, but I feel I'm in a good place again. I'm not a perfect person, my morals aren't golden - but they are a part of me. I can't chisel myself into a perfect image and I've accepted I'm not going to be the 'self' I was before all this, things have changed. 

And well, I miss you guys, I've distanced myself from a lot of people, a self created void, ignoring the help offered and excluding many of the people who mean the most to me. I miss Dazz. Finally had the pleasure of meeting him and his wife not too long ago (well, probably a while ago now) and I have to say I was nervous. Not because he's famous or any of that nonsense (hey man, you was just a kid when I got started Wink ) but it's always weird when you first meet someone you've known online for so long. But it was great, it was just him, as I knew him, and we talked as if we'd met in the pub every weekend. 

I've tried ripping sprites again, and well, I just don't think it's going to happen. I just don't have the time. After work it's just not what I want to do now. During the education/unemployment years it was fine, it was kinda like work, sure I enjoyed it but I no longer have time for it and my hobbies or just relaxing time. I hope during a week off or something I'll get some time to get DarkStalkers finished but well, even that's up in the air.

Which brings me onto the other news. I haven't touched my website since the 9/9/12 - that's more than 2 years. Yeah I know I wasn't the biggest, the best, hell some of my sheets have been far eclipsed by others now. But they mean a lot to me. I generally get nostalgic and happy just looking at them because I remember the work that went into them, the excitement of finishing them, and the joy of seeing them online. Working together with my good friend Locke_gb7 of Nes-Snes-Sprites just filled so many years of great times, I just have so many good memories, so many laughs. It's been a pleasure, a real pleasure. 

From seeing Dazz as a troubled kid with some serious demons, to becoming pretty much "the" sprite guy was something great to be apart of, great to witness. No it may not mean a lot to many, thousands won't know where that Metal Slug sprite in RetroGamer UK came from, 100s won't know who ripped the sprites for that stupid Flash animation of "Link, He goes to Town" - but we were there, offering a surface, playing with tools and pouring in hours of our lives just to archive the graphics of the game we enjoyed so much, for others to use or for simply viewing pleasure so people can appreciate them. You never appreciate a waterfall until you can hear it, and you can never appreciate a sprite fully until you've seen it frame by frame.

So yeah, I'll miss it. But it's time to hang it up. Dazz, it's yours. All the content that says "Ripped by Goemar" at the bottom of the page is yours for tSR. I won't be renewing my hosting. I started this thing on the 1st January 2003. It was never a business, I never wanted to expand it. It was just my thing. Well, mine and Locke_gb7's thing - we were two best friends just loving what we did. It was like our own personal clubhouse. 

I'm sorry about the long post, for those who don't get excited by the fact that when punching someone close as oppose to further away has 5 different frames of animation - a lot of this probably means very little. But I'm back. No doubt everyone has changed there usernames (again) but well, I'm sure I'll get everyone placed eventually. 

I used to love having this place as part of my life, I hope to do that again.
[Image: randomimage.cgi]

Messages In This Thread
So it's been a long road. - by Goemar - 12-22-2014, 05:15 PM
RE: So it's been a long road. - by Petie - 12-22-2014, 06:54 PM
RE: So it's been a long road. - by puggsoy - 12-22-2014, 07:24 PM
RE: So it's been a long road. - by Shade - 12-23-2014, 12:48 PM
RE: So it's been a long road. - by ~Axis~ - 12-23-2014, 12:15 AM
RE: So it's been a long road. - by Dazz - 12-23-2014, 04:49 AM
RE: So it's been a long road. - by E-Man - 12-23-2014, 06:43 AM
RE: So it's been a long road. - by Kosheh - 12-23-2014, 07:25 AM
RE: So it's been a long road. - by Mystie - 12-23-2014, 12:21 PM
RE: So it's been a long road. - by [robo9] - 12-23-2014, 01:26 PM