Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Struggle's Scripts
Big Grin 
Now, this isn't necessarily a game or a engine, but rather place for showing off my scripts to assist with a submission, or just adding a submission to your thread. Smile

For most of these, you'll need to have Python 2.7 installed. It allows the scripts to be run without being compiled and you guys can see the code if you need help with your own app. (and you can use it on a Mac or a Linux computer! Big Grin)

Scripts:

TGA to PNG Converter (Progress: 100% (Might add other formats to convert to!)) - Download
--------------------------
Ever had a bunch of textures and wanted to submit them to the resource, but they're in the TGA format? Not to worry. This script allows you to convert a folder full of .tga files to the .png format. And it keeps the transparencies!

Thread-Submission Modifier (Progress: 100%) - Download
This was previously a project in C# that I was working on, but now, it's a Python project. Basically this program asks you for a submission type, you put in the information it asks for, like the submission name and it spits out BBCode Cute

Icon Resizer (Progress: 50% - Working on the code to modify size, Plan to add in a image uploader to my server) - Not finished - No Download
Ever had a bunch of renders of your rips and wanted to make big and small icons out of them? With this, it is very easy. You just put in if you want a big or small icon and then it creates it. Then you'll have the option to upload it to my server where it'll give you a direct link to the file Cute

[Proof of Concept] Program Updater (Progress: 100%) - Download
This is just a proof of concept of how developers could update to newer versions
using Python's available modules. It surely could be adapted on to create something
more streamlined or better to fit more people's needs. I only wrote this so that
people could have a decent updater.
The way this works is that it downloads a text file called new_update, and compares
it to an existing file called original_version. It then downloads the update
and copies the new_update text file over the original_version text file.

TextureView (Progress: 100%) - Download
This was just a check of Pygame's implementation on displaying sprites and textures. In order to view the sprites/textures, just put them in the imageLoad folder. Make sure that they're .png!

Requires PyGame!

If you guys see anything in the code I overlooked or found some bug, post it here, please. This helps me to create better and better code, while helping you guys have a more convenient process. You can also modify the code and redistribute it as your own, as long as you give credit where credit is due (see the credits section!) Thanks to all who help by viewing the thread! Big Grin

Credits
The guys at the Python Imaging Library: For creating a flexible and lightweight library for a lot these apps (Want to help? Go here to the GitHub source!)
DarkPika from Tcll5850: For helpful pointers, help, and just being a good friend (lul)
Someone else I missed?

My thanks to you!

Messages In This Thread
Struggle's Scripts - by Struggleton! - 12-12-2014, 09:38 PM
RE: Struggle's Scripts - by Struggleton! - 12-12-2014, 10:39 PM
RE: Struggle's Scripts - by puggsoy - 12-13-2014, 12:19 AM
RE: Struggle's Scripts - by Struggleton! - 12-13-2014, 12:57 AM
RE: Struggle's Scripts - by Tcll - 12-13-2014, 11:21 AM
RE: Struggle's Scripts - by Struggleton! - 12-13-2014, 12:56 PM
RE: Struggle's Scripts - by Struggleton! - 12-28-2014, 11:33 PM
RE: Struggle's Scripts - by Tcll - 12-29-2014, 05:21 PM