Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
DragonBlossom: The RETURN
Exclamation 
Hello lovely people of the VGR forums, this is Arkenova, the Creative Lead of DragonBlossom, speaking to you once more after a rather long, unexpected hiatus from the forums. (Okay, I should had dropped a note but I didn't know I would even return counting the months that has gone by. Actually, to be honest, it's been a YEAR and some months, so yeah.)

Anyways, calling back to the roots of the old thread that has been archived, you will notice that quite alot has changed over from the original concept of this developing indie title, including the overall metamorphosis of the sprites, characters and even the storyline!

With that out of the way, let's blow this popsicle stand! (Okay, no more EarthBound references for awhile.)

[Image: fmickh.png]
*logo not final

What Is DragonBlossom?

An indie 16-bit action adventure platformer with RPG elements based off of elements from the Donkey Kong Country, Sonic, Klonoa and Okami, alongside many others. Choose between Adventure or Classic as Ayasuka and her friends are sent into an journey that rooted from the distant past on mains to stop an evil force from taking complete control of the Kingdoms.

I know I have explained some of the storyline on the old thread but this game, as much as it's going, still has issues to get out there. Though we have some progress with the indie game however we are still lacking in tileset (environments) artist as well as enemy design. Reason is because I have enough to handle with writing, concept, pixelling and even other means.

In fact, there's even a very early prototype gameplay video I am about to share to you.

This video was made by a fellow member of the team who has permission for use.

Guys, as much as I don't want to sound like I'm begging, people are noticing this game has the potential to be an awesome project and whenever that is going on, you can and will get nervous. It's alot of pressure but I know that as long as we keep our heads up, we can and will get this finished. As I said before, I have alot on my plate and we will need all the help to get this thing really going on the move.

Examples of Sprite Animations:
[Image: tumblr_inline_ngg6po8vLl1s18vud.gif][Image: tumblr_inline_ngg6q9QvPe1s18vud.gif][Image: tumblr_inline_ngg6tfcsUi1s18vud.gif][Image: tumblr_inline_ngg6riw3zR1s18vud.gif]
*some are unfinished/beta
These sprite animations are of courtesy of TanjatheBat as part of a collab effort. She's one of the members of our team and another thing, this was used with permission to post.

[Image: ayasuka__revamp_sprite__by_arkenova-d85zjtv.png][Image: seichi__revamp__by_arkenova-d86emyv.png][Image: mao_zheng__take_2__by_arkenova-d7l7gcj.png]
*Mao's sprite needs revamping btw.

Mechanics:
We're looking at Ayasuka homing in towards the Donkey Kong Country games with some combat involved (far left), Seichi is a combo of weapon combat (something like a staff combat scenario) along with stealth and pacing (middle) and Mao is the combat heavy, Action RPG (something like Dust: An Elysian Tale). (far right)

All will have some form of exploration involved.

Interested? Contact me via Note, Skype (it's on my profile) or dA. I will be more than glad to drop you details of the project at hand. Thanks for your time!

Oh and another thing, head over here (if you want to know).

Messages In This Thread
DragonBlossom: The RETURN - by Arkenova - 12-11-2014, 09:48 PM
RE: DragonBlossom: The RETURN - by Arkenova - 12-13-2014, 09:38 AM
RE: DragonBlossom: The RETURN - by Cold Spike - 12-14-2014, 01:53 AM
RE: DragonBlossom: The RETURN - by Arkenova - 12-23-2014, 10:25 AM
RE: DragonBlossom: The RETURN - by Kelvin - 12-23-2014, 08:45 PM
RE: DragonBlossom: The RETURN - by Arkenova - 12-25-2014, 01:45 PM
RE: DragonBlossom: The RETURN - by Ithinkitskevin - 02-08-2015, 08:26 PM
RE: DragonBlossom: The RETURN - by Arkenova - 03-10-2015, 11:15 AM