Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
SMRPG background rejected as a dup, but the existing one is a muddy GIF
Hi Everyone,

I'm new here, just signed up today. I've just started on a little hobby/proof-of-concept project where I want to take Super Mario RPG sprites, etc and re-implement the game (or at least the first area, to start) and change how battle works. But none of that really matters in regards to my questions/comments.

Spriter's Resource is such an excellent, well, resource. I was just a little disappointed to find this small subset of the battle backgrounds (namely, Mushroom Way), which I was going to use first thing in my proof of concept, weren't in a clean PNG by themselves, but in a smaller than native resolution collection, in a GIF. You can see artifacts the second you look at it.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to bash the original up-loader for that one, I just need nice clean pixels.

So I thought, no big deal. I'll open it up in my emulator, make a clean one myself. And then maybe I'll upload it to SR in case someone else notices this problem.

But it was rejected, saying that background already existed. Blank

So, like I said I'm new here. I don't know how things work. Is first-to-post all that matters? I thought the cleaner quality would be appreciated. Any thoughts, feedback, etc?

I'll attach my reject one.

And here's the one I hoped to supplement and/or eventually replace:
http://www.spriters-resource.com/snes/sm...eet/12806/

Let me know what you think.

Regards,
Joe

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
SMRPG background rejected as a dup, but the existing one is a muddy GIF - by xhotchilipowder - 11-23-2014, 10:57 AM