Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Doing Sonic 1-sized, Sonic 1-visual-styled sheets for other characters than Sonic
So.

I've recently compiled a huge sheet with all the Sonic animations I'd like to see done in Sonic CD style, to organize myself.

It's about 1500 sprites and a massive beast, and still has animations missing I didn't include right now:

HAHA I'M ONLY GETTING THIS FINISHED IN 2020

So I got thinking, and decided to first, or for the variety of it, work on Sonic 1-sized sheets first, for other characters.

The objective for each one here is to make enough sprites that someone'd be able to make a Sonic 1 hack.

So far I've started Knuckles...

[Image: HsOYMUy.png]

and Shadow...

[Image: xWMuHMV.png]

Plans afterwards are for Blaze...

[Image: DYJaURa.png]
(test from a while back)

and Gemerl...

[Image: bIiKHhx.png]
(shading figured out after the attempt I last posted here).

If it'll interest you to see, these are the sprites I'm using as reference, or in the case of Knuckles, editing from (as for stylistic purposes I'm having him be mostly a reshaded Chaotix sprite- Shadow is where I'm focusing on making all-new poses and all since I want to distinguish him from Sonic).

I've left figuring out what exactly they'll do in the end of game cutscene to the end, together with the continue chibis. And yes, I do intend to have them jump towards the screen.

Anyways, yeah. Who knows, maybe soon enough I'll be happily seeing these in a bunch of Sonic 1 hacks.

Old version of the post:

EDIT: oh, forgot to mention, this is the process I'm using to do the poses that come from other games and such

[Image: TrM4Diw.png]

Resize sprites to 4 times the size, use as reference for pose and proportions, resize to 4 times smaller, clean up.

And yeah, these are still needing a lot of polish, I'm hoping to get some help once they're done.

Messages In This Thread
Doing Sonic 1-sized, Sonic 1-visual-styled sheets for other characters than Sonic - by The KKM - 11-22-2014, 10:48 AM