Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Gardow's pixels of knights and dinosaurs - gif heavy
First of all, thanks for the kind and most of all for the useful comments. Consider them put to use.

(11-07-2014, 07:48 PM)Dragon_Throne Wrote: I have to say, I am impressed.

I can only say I'd add more of a "shine" to Mole Knight. Just a little.

He could use a little more shine indeed. He did always seem a bit 'dull' compared to the other sprites.

(11-07-2014, 08:06 PM)ShadeDBZ Wrote: The Shovel Knight's shovel looks like it's floating due to the lack of movement.

I'll play around with it a bit. Maybe have the shovel go with the main body like in the game, or maybe an alternative that's a bit more snazzy.
Fun fact: At first I could've sworn it was just like that in the game, but playing it again has proven me wrong.

(11-10-2014, 08:22 PM)DragonDePlatino Wrote: Holy cow, this is some impressive stuff! Your colors are excellent and I can see a definite SNES influence in the color of your outlines.

With that being said, why not title your Shovel Knight stuff "Super Shovel Knight"? Also, I'm really digging your super-sharp dinosaurs. I would so totally play a Joust remake with graphics like these.

While this was the plan, I didn't take care of my palettes while spriting these, and can't claim SNES compatibility.
But yes, I did indeed have the SNES in mind. When I go back to fix these, I'll probably look into this.

(11-11-2014, 05:49 AM)Sketchasaurus Wrote: While yes, Dromaeosaur tails are particularly stiff, evidence suggests that the tail of dinosaurs like Velociraptor and Deinonychus were quite flexible as it pertains to lateral (side to side) movement. Also, antirrhopus means "counter-balance" But I'm not here to nitpick paleontology at great lengths.

The center of gravity on Deinonychus seems a bit off, the tail seems rather too high up in the air and the pelvis is leaning forward to far. Overall, the animation seems a tad too jittery, as it lunges backwards and forwards in a strange way. the static head with the jaw agape also stands out as pretty odd.

As for the tyrantrum skull, the ridges that you gave the mandible to indicate where its beard feathers would go are rather odd to me, and the antorbital fenestrae seems a bit too far back and low: the region of bone below that hole would be a deadly structural weakness for the dino if it were engaged in its aggressive feeding habits.
Some of the linework is a bit jagged, but otherwise, it's a pretty cool sprite.

I always assumed they added the "counter-balance" to the name to display the function of the stiff tail? I could be wrong though.

That last animation needs a lot of work indeed. It functions as a stand-in for now, but your C&C together with what I've gotten on DA will help a lot when I fix it up/redo it. (I feel inclined to do the latter, since the pose itself is a big issue.)

As for the Tyrantrum skull, I really didn't think that one through. I may go back and fix the structural issues, but as of now it's on the bottom of the list. (Not that the C&C isn't appreciated, it's why I posted these after all.)
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: Gardow's pixels of knights and dinosaurs - by Gardow - 11-11-2014, 10:03 AM