Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Submitting audio of a mostly-audio game
So I have this game called Zombies, Run! 5k Training. It's basically phone a game where you run (in real life) while listening to instructions through your heaphones, but it's set in a zombie apocalypse. Pretty fun and healthy.

I was thinking about ripping audio from it, though. I'm not sure if it'd be very, uh, allowed to rip the voices. I mean, all of the instructions are just audio clips, without any music (you choose your own music), so technically it fits the sound effects guidelines. However, on the other hand, someone could effectively experience the crux of the game using these clips. The programming isn't there of course (delay between clips, speed/route tracking, recording progress online, etc), but people can still access all the instructions and play them themselves.

So yeah, basically, would or wouldn't this be allowed? I might not do it either way, but it's an interesting case that I figured might be worth discussing.
You may have a fresh start any moment you choose, for this thing that we call "failure" is not the falling down, but the staying down. -Mary Pickford
Thanked by: psychospacecow

Messages In This Thread
Submitting audio of a mostly-audio game - by puggsoy - 11-03-2014, 08:56 PM