Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
Super Mario Dynamo
Personally, I think he's poking fun at the fact that you apply these minuscule changes to your fan games.

Anyway, I watched your video and while you did apply a wall jump and more different powerups, your game is otherwise almost the same as your other ones. At this point in time, all rom hacks and Mario games look pretty much the same, so unless you really invest in an idea to make a unique Mario game, step away from the plumber. It'll be much better if you were to focus on a different character or game franchise… Or, better yet, use your own idea! Big Grin

Forgive me if I'm not acting so supportive of what you have created, but I'm just frustrated that all you're producing is the same rehashes of your games instead of really thinking outside the box. Also, the fact that you appear to not listen to everything we said in the threads makes me concerned that you are not here to gather the kind of critique to launch you from generic Mario fan game territory. I know that taking advice from others is a very hard thing to do, but if your only selling point (for lack of a better word since you're not actually making a profit) for these games are the different light filters, then you're going to need to rethink the structure of your game.

Speaking of light filters, you honestly don't need them if your pixel art is good. You should avoid using any and all sprites from Super Mario Bros. 3 (and practically any Mario game for that matter) and simply make your own. If you are that determined to show the negative consequences of industrialization, show it through dying plants and actually smoggy sky. Just look up games from the Super Nintendo and GBA to see how they pull it (try the Metal Slug games for starters) of because you can portray a lot through pixels alone instead of light filters. Besides, if we just get rid of the light filter over this game, than the Mushroom Kingdom looks practically the same as it always has. Sure, there are those smaller pipes and lanterns that also show this, but those are only tiny cosmetic changes that are barely enough.
(02-27-2014, 07:31 PM)Gors Wrote: DO NOT BE AFRAID TO SUCK. DO NOT BE AFRAID TO SHOW YOUR SUCKY ART. I think this needs to go noticed to everyone, because sucking is not failing. Sucking is part of the fun of learning and if you don't suck, then you won't own at pixelart

it's ok to suck, sucking is not bad, just try and aim to always do your best!
Thanked by: Kelvin

Messages In This Thread
Super Mario Dynamo - by Hello - 11-03-2014, 03:23 PM
RE: Super Mario Dynamo - by E-Man - 11-03-2014, 03:39 PM
RE: Super Mario Dynamo - by puggsoy - 11-03-2014, 11:12 PM
RE: Super Mario Dynamo - by E-Man - 11-04-2014, 10:21 AM
RE: Super Mario Dynamo - by Hello - 11-04-2014, 04:35 PM
RE: Super Mario Dynamo - by BullockDS - 11-04-2014, 04:41 PM
RE: Super Mario Dynamo - by Vipershark - 11-04-2014, 06:37 PM
RE: Super Mario Dynamo - by Kosheh - 11-05-2014, 10:56 AM
RE: Super Mario Dynamo - by Hello - 11-07-2014, 01:55 AM
RE: Super Mario Dynamo - by Kosheh - 11-08-2014, 12:36 AM