Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
WIP all over the place need opinions
PLEASE note: the frames of the reference that DragonDePlatino posted are not evenly spaced. I still feel like you are straight missing a frame from your animation, but keep in mind the angles you may be looking at might not be evenly spaced.

on ANOTHER note, evenly spaced may not be what you want. If you want a good, smooth animation that feels right, and not just one that looks smooth, you will need to have it accelerate across, and settle (decelerate) on the other side. So, the frames at the beginning will be closer together, slowly spreading apart, and being the furthest spread at the peak (90 degrees, facing up) and therefore the fastest movement. Then it is the slowest at the end, essentially mirroring the starting frames, with each frame being closer and closer to the next one. If you need a visual interpretation, I might be able to make a mockup, but I don't trust my skills that much right now. If I did the math, I could probably pull it off, but I would really be trying to wrap a sinusoidal motion around a semi-circle and I'm not sure if it would look the way I expect or even if I'm overcomplicating the math for the model. Anyway, I hope this was helpful.

Messages In This Thread
RE: WIP all over the place need opinions - by Koh - 10-08-2014, 11:09 PM
RE: WIP all over the place need opinions - by Alexsani - 11-02-2014, 01:29 PM
RE: WIP all over the place need opinions - by Koh - 12-12-2014, 02:48 PM