Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
download vs buying cartridge
(09-19-2014, 02:17 PM)trans the psycopath Wrote: hey ive noticed nintendo is putting alot of there cartridge games on there download channel before they become ancient like at the same time as the main release.

so ive been wandering the super smash bros ds should i download it instead of getting the cartridge. like is there any real disadvantage to the download in comparison to the physical game cartridge or changes to game play.

ps NO SPOILERS please

SPOILERS: IT'S YOUR PERSONAL PREFERENCE oh god i ruined it

I'm serious though - there's advantages and disadvantages to both. I don't think loading times really differ between the two, though if that's a huge concern.

As Gwen said, your impulsivity is also a thing: If you NEED IT AT 12:01 OH MY GOD BUT IM IN THE MIDDLE OF NOWHERE, KENTUCKY HELP you could download it. If you can wait a little longer and wait until after work/school, opt for that.
(that might not apply if you like waiting around at midnight openings - I know I do! you could spring for that option. actually, as I write this maybe I'll put some money down at Gamestop for the midnight party hype)

With the cartridge, you could leave it at home accidentally Cry and you need to pop the cartridge into the console every time you want to play it. You also have some physical memorabilia (who knows? maybe you'll get it signed by Sakurai one day) and if you're down on cash you can trade in your copy and get some money back. It also doesn't take space on your memory card this way, because it's on its own flash memory.

With the download, you could play the game whenever you like, but the size of your memory card is finite (as in, you don't have infinite storage, and it might be easier to lug around carts of your favorite games) though it's infinitely easier to carry around an SD card that usually stays in your system. However, I'm assuming that the full game is fairly large in block size, so you probably want to consider purchasing a bigger SD card.

It's up to you, and whichever you prefer. Are you old-school and need the cartridges? Or would you rather catch up with the new age of gaming Nerd and download it to your system to play whenever you want?

tl;dr: if you for once never consider missing the box or selling it back for money, ever, go for the download
[Image: 57d2BGH.png]
! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! refs
shoutouts to cutesu for the new av!
Thanked by: E-Man, Maxpphire, recme

Messages In This Thread
RE: download vs buying cartridge - by Gwen - 09-19-2014, 02:33 PM
RE: download vs buying cartridge - by Mystie - 09-19-2014, 02:36 PM
RE: download vs buying cartridge - by Kosheh - 09-19-2014, 02:40 PM
RE: download vs buying cartridge - by BullockDS - 09-19-2014, 03:12 PM
RE: download vs buying cartridge - by recme - 09-20-2014, 08:21 AM
RE: download vs buying cartridge - by Yawackhary - 09-26-2014, 05:10 PM
RE: download vs buying cartridge - by Kriven - 09-26-2014, 05:25 PM