Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
The MachoBot builds a MachoRod
So I was planning on posting this earlier, but IMGUR is such a piece of shit on mobile. Yes Sevenstich, I am planning on using this as a daily driver, with 300 mile trips every other weekend or so. So my build won't exactly be the most extreme, unfortunately. To be honest, the car was in too good of shape to that to it. I just didn't have the heart. Maybe a different build a different day.

Anywhooo

The back fenders are finally off:
Ass shot: Couple side shots: Couple engine shots just because:
Picture of the front:
Headlights/Taillights I've ordered:
These are Turtleback wheels. I'm still debating on whether to use these or the stock half moons that VW's came with. However, I'm a little while from that part of the operation right now
I'm debating on whether I should extend the front or not. If I extend it, I lose the front apron underneath the trunk, and that's where I was planning on putting my blinkers. However, every Volksrod I've seen has an extended front, and it makes it look a bit cleaner. Unfortunately, the one dude that sells the kit isn't selling it right now, so I won't be able to extend the front until after the initial build. Just incase you're unfamiliar with an extended VDub, here's a picture:
And here's the paint I'll be using. This is my father's truck, and I'll be using the reverse. (white on bottom, turquoise on top) The bug's paint won't be flat like his truck's, either.

[Image: 803ce84258.gif]

Messages In This Thread
The MachoBot builds a MachoRod - by [robo9] - 08-06-2014, 10:23 AM
RE: The MachoBot builds a MachoRod - by [robo9] - 08-06-2014, 02:38 PM
RE: The MachoBot builds a MachoRod - by [robo9] - 08-06-2014, 09:57 PM
RE: The MachoBot builds a MachoRod - by [robo9] - 08-06-2014, 10:54 PM
RE: The MachoBot builds a MachoRod - by [robo9] - 08-11-2014, 03:03 PM
RE: The MachoBot builds a MachoRod - by [robo9] - 08-15-2014, 12:03 PM
RE: The MachoBot builds a MachoRod - by [robo9] - 08-15-2014, 08:48 PM