Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
The MachoBot builds a MachoRod
(08-06-2014, 02:03 PM)Sevenstitch Wrote: Do you just plan on goosing the motor up and giving it some "character", or are you doing any major modifications to it

like chopping the top, or turning it into a trike of some sort
Or squat that front and put some honkin tires on the back, like way too big

either way you cant go wrong with way oversized big boy upturned vertical exhaust pipes
Oh and a tall shifter would look cool, its a manual shifter i assume

looking forward to seeing what you do with it

I'm probably not going to chop the top, honestly. It's hard as fuck to chop a bug top because of the way it's curved, and I haven't found anywhere around here that would do it for a reasonable amount. The front end has already been lowered a decent amount already, and I'm planning on lowering the back to match it.

I'm not planning on doing anything to the engine that's in it at the moment. That's only because I'm planning on just building a different motor entirely. It has a 1800 cc air cooled motor in it, and I'm planning on building a 2332 cc engine and swapping in a VW Bus tranny.

I have some custom headlights/tailights that are supposed to be coming in tommorow, I'm planning on extending the front beam (where the wheels are and what not) about 8 inches forward and repainting the car turquoise and white, with a red pin stripe separating the two colours. I'm also debating on whether or not to order Turtleback wheels, which were some mag wheels from the 70's. I'll probably post some pictures of the lights/wheels/an example of an extended bug whenever I'm off work
[Image: 803ce84258.gif]
Thanked by: Sevenstitch

Messages In This Thread
The MachoBot builds a MachoRod - by [robo9] - 08-06-2014, 10:23 AM
RE: The MachoBot builds a MachoRod - by [robo9] - 08-06-2014, 02:38 PM
RE: The MachoBot builds a MachoRod - by [robo9] - 08-06-2014, 09:57 PM
RE: The MachoBot builds a MachoRod - by [robo9] - 08-06-2014, 10:54 PM
RE: The MachoBot builds a MachoRod - by [robo9] - 08-11-2014, 03:03 PM
RE: The MachoBot builds a MachoRod - by [robo9] - 08-15-2014, 12:03 PM
RE: The MachoBot builds a MachoRod - by [robo9] - 08-15-2014, 08:48 PM