Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Poll: Is it the "Authentic" Experience?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes, it's like playing it how it should.
50.00%
6 50.00%
No, it's no different than playing on an emulator.
50.00%
6 50.00%
Total 12 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Consider Virtual Console as "Authentic Experience?"
I actually like both the virtual console and emulation because they each have their own benefits.

VC is actually kind of nice in someways because you're just getting the game you want. Plain and simple. If you don't care about all the extra shit that emulation has to offer then just go with this. And actually one minor thing I overlooked recently when I got Mysterious Murasame Castle on the 3DS VC is that you don't have to get the extra shit to make games like the ones originally released on FDS work like you would have to for the emulators (in other words getting the bios and making them work which in a way is a pain in the fucking ass to get it to work, from my experience with it). Of course that's just for Famicom Disc games but honestly it's kind of a nice benefit to just play the game with no catch.

On the other hand, Emulation is nice too. While I don't nessecarily give a shit about all the extra features like higher resolutions and save states, they're nice to have if you like having those options. But the fact that Rom Hacks are available it gives more of a library of games than you could probably ever imagine, which is always nice. And if you're willing to pay a few extra bucks you can buy a game controller and use that with your emulator. Personally though, I'd rather just get a special USB cord and use it with my SNES controller and play some of the Rom Hacks for the SNES.

Personally though, I'd rather get the real thing. I've recently taken up to buying some SNES games on amazon just for the sake of building up my library for that and to be honest it felt like I was playing games the same way I used to when I was a kid. And to be honest I had more fun playing some games that I initially played on an emulator like Super Metroid on a console. Aside from it being the real deal, I felt like I was actually playing a game and not fucking around with the digital bullshit. And honestly I'd rather invest in getting a flash cart and put some rom hacks on that than playing them on a computer.
Discord is Dioshiba#9513
Thanked by: Kriven, Rystar

Messages In This Thread
RE: Consider Virtual Console as "Authentic Experience?" - by DioShiba - 08-15-2014, 07:35 PM