Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Poll: Is it the "Authentic" Experience?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes, it's like playing it how it should.
50.00%
6 50.00%
No, it's no different than playing on an emulator.
50.00%
6 50.00%
Total 12 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Consider Virtual Console as "Authentic Experience?"
I use VC predominantly because I don't really need all the bells and whistles that come with PC or Wiibrew emulators, but also because the experience does feel more genuine. Particularly with GBA emulation on the Wii U, which seems to be superior to anything else available (in terms of just playing the game). Granted, the VC is only releasing games which are easy to emulate and they're using some tricks fitted for each title, but that doesn't really bother me.

There's always this feeling that something's off when I try to use an unofficial emulator for anything. It's not something I can't shake when playing, and the only time I've gotten that with VC is with SMB3 on the Wii U (because it emulates portions of the game screen that were never meant to be shown at the original aspect ratio...)

Edit: And off-screen play is totally worth it.
[Image: Dexter.png]  [Image: Bubbles.png]  [Image: SNWzHvA.png]   [Image: SamuraiJack2.png] [Image: kQzhJLF.png]  [Image: Pikachu.png] [Image: tSCZnqw.png]
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: Consider Virtual Console as "Authentic Experience?" - by Kriven - 08-05-2014, 09:29 PM