Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
FIGHTING TITANS !!! EXTREME GAMEPLAY !!! SICK GRAPHICS !!! RADULAR CHARACTERS !!!
okay i saw your big reply a while ago dont worry, i was just really in a rush
i loved it btw lots of great stuff

you didnt answer me in terms of jumping though ???

now yeah i didnt read any of what you guys posted since but the images i saw are pretty sweet, im gonna save the webpage and read it later

so for me programming is moving on nicely, i'm making the bullet attacks atm
i dont have a gif with me sorry and im writing this reply as fast as i can so yeah

about bullets, i think 4 frames for the travel and 4 for the explosion looks best
here's the sheet with each character's default bullet that i enhanced accordingly
[Image: gFpyAjx.png]

i had a nice idea, that the heart would show the element modifier you got
here's the placeholder sheet i made in a quickie
[Image: x0chaAx.png]
in the end it'd be way better to actually have nice little icons, that could double as what the item looks like when it appears in the arena
speaking of which im thinking of different random ways to make the element modifiers appear (parachute, trap door, etc)
cause if you can see them coming, titans with faster movespeeds would dominate the battlefield, picking up all the elements

also, palette-changing algorithms are really slow, it'd be better to have the entire sheet with all the necessary colors rather than making it all grayscale
here's the fighter sheet i use to show you what i mean (actual alpha background color btw)
[Image: UIHBgES.png]
though im thinking of changing the library i use, or at least rewrite the way they animate sprites cause they do it in a really stupid way
also its quite unnecessary to reuse frames within the spritesheet (like the walking frame in middle its the same as the idle frame)
(you'll notice i changed draqueen's palette, too many orange characters atm)

i also think the final character roster should be 9 characters, 3 of each bullet behavior type, what do you think ?

can you tell me how many bullets onscreen at a time each titan is allowed ?

more importantly, how does the bullet charge animation go, do i make the titan blink white or something ??

okayyy i think that's about all i have to say for now keep it up guys
[Image: E3DU8rS.png]
Reference
♥ ♥ ♥ LOVE ♥ ♥ ♥
Omega ; Phant Mmkay ; Baegal ; Gorsal ; Drakocat ; Chaoxys ; TomGuyCott ; Chris2balls ; Mighty Jetters ; Blueblur97 ; NICKtendo DS ;
Kachua (Secret Santa) ; and some more that i need to locate, save and link onto here
Thanked by: Sketchasaurus

Messages In This Thread
RE: FIGHTING TITANS !!! EXTREME GAMEPLAY !!! SICK GRAPHICS !!! RADULAR CHARACTERS !!! - by Lexou Duck - 08-25-2014, 12:18 PM