Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Hi Eeveryone
(07-21-2014, 09:57 AM)Kosheh Wrote: Hello!

(07-21-2014, 03:29 AM)OldGamer Wrote: I am 60 year old gamer that love fighting games and I like to create Mugen Stages as hobbies.

whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat
My mind is officially blown. Just curious (and I'm not saying this mockingly) but do you use a game pad (controller, whatever) or a fight stick when playing them?

(07-21-2014, 03:29 AM)OldGamer Wrote: I love to rips my own sprite when come to creating stages for mugen. I'm still not an expert on ripping some emulators. but I do know 4 of the basic ripping and that GBA, SNES ,Winkawak 1.63 and kega Fusion. also I am sorry if my typing not as good. so please forgive me for my terrible English . I'm barely have trouble typing because my old hands. but I try my very best to explain my self in the future Smile

Now how did I find this place you may ask ?? well I tell you. I was trying to find many ways to learn how to rip images for Mame and its been so hard. I tried few other location but they way too complicated specially an old man like my self just barely learning about ripping. then I saw your site. I saw many great sprites that been made by many people. I was very impress how mush they added there resources to them. few had stages and some had many object. I always wanted to know how the heck they manage to rip from mame and turn them into sprite. My dream is to learn how to rip images from mame so I can make stage and sprite for them. but I always get a road block and so that why I had to stop for while and take break.

I just wanted to say hi and hope everyone here can teach me new tricks along the way Smile

Ripping from stages is actually pretty easy (it's not too bad) once you get used to it. I'd think the hard part with making stages in MAME is the parallax scrolling (basically, how all the floors in Street Fighter 2 have a three-dimensional look and appear like they're moving along with the camera but they're not, so that the emblem on the floor in Guile's stage looks like it can be viewed on multiple angles)

[Image: 7SfhNvO.png]

Also, it's been a while since I played around with arcade emulation, but I feel like you might have better luck using Final Burn Alpha or Kawaks. I could swear they had built-in map viewers...

But I think you can probably do it easily with the flat ground texture rip and then just use some code with MUGEN to create some magic.
Im not very too familiar with FinalBurn. But whem come to parallax Flooring its easy to do and it depends on what floor your using from cps1,cps2 Smile

(07-21-2014, 12:10 PM)Dazz Wrote:
(07-21-2014, 09:57 AM)Kosheh Wrote: Also, it's been a while since I played around with arcade emulation, but I feel like you might have better luck using Final Burn Alpha or Kawaks. I could swear they had built-in map viewers...

So does MAME. MAME also has a tile viewer.
yes but that for object and character other font but when come to Maps that different problem ... I always wanted to create stages from mame but I been having a lots problem with it. and dont where to start Sad

(07-21-2014, 06:43 PM)puggsoy Wrote: Welcome to the Resource, OldGamer! Can't get too old for games Wink

Hope you enjoy your stay!
in my collage days. I was playing pong and I got took into video games ever sense Big Grin

(07-21-2014, 03:44 PM)SmithyGCN Wrote: Welcome aboard! Smile
Wink I been of fan of video game when I started playing pong . back old days video game were fun and they still are Big Grin
Thanked by: Mystie

Messages In This Thread
Hi Eeveryone - by OldGamer - 07-21-2014, 03:29 AM
RE: Hi Eeveryone - by Jinzo-Advance - 07-21-2014, 04:06 AM
RE: Hi Eeveryone - by OldGamer - 07-21-2014, 09:48 AM
RE: Hi Eeveryone - by Kosheh - 07-21-2014, 09:57 AM
RE: Hi Eeveryone - by Dazz - 07-21-2014, 12:10 PM
RE: Hi Eeveryone - by OldGamer - 07-21-2014, 11:35 PM
RE: Hi Eeveryone - by Jinzo-Advance - 07-21-2014, 12:04 PM
RE: Hi Eeveryone - by SmithyGCN - 07-21-2014, 03:44 PM
RE: Hi Eeveryone - by Mystie - 07-21-2014, 04:35 PM
RE: Hi Eeveryone - by Shade - 07-21-2014, 05:46 PM