Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
jiyako's sprites (no clever title)
(07-21-2014, 06:11 AM)Gors Wrote: I shall give you more criticism when I'm back from work, but considering your new sprites, you need to get rid of banding and improve on contrast/hueshift.

Banding is when you shade the outline without taking volume into account, and honestly it's as bad as pillowshading because it gives no volume. The washed out, similar colors reek of shades that were just picked by changing the color's brightness. You need to change the hue a little too to give it more organic look.

Thing is, I need to start finding my own palettes. I don't have my Adobe CS installed right now, so I've been using the default palette in Multimedia Fusion 2/Clickteam Fusion 2.5 (Clickteam's game-development software, they have a pretty decent image-editor Tongue).

Thanks for the tips Smile.

(07-21-2014, 04:54 PM)Midi Wrote: Your Sonic sprites seem to be getting better over time. I'm really looking forward to the Renamon the most; there's barely any custom Digimon on this site. ^^ The shading on your original-styled sprites seem to have low contrast, though. Try cutting out some of the middle shades and see if that helps.

Oh, and I watched you on FA.

Aww, well the Renamon sprites are ooold,old, old. Those are all old. I probably won't get back to them, but I'm glad you like them Shy.

Yeah, I've learned in art classes more than enough of the importance of contrast xD. Thanks Big Grin.
[Image: ErbRIBqVkAUtE8F?format=png&name=900x900]
Instagram Twitch Twitter YouTube
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
jiyako's sprites (no clever title) - by miyabi95_ - 07-20-2014, 02:12 PM
RE: jiyako's sprites (no clever title) - by Koh - 07-20-2014, 02:25 PM
RE: jiyako's sprites (no clever title) - by Gors - 07-21-2014, 06:11 AM
RE: jiyako's sprites (no clever title) - by miyabi95_ - 07-21-2014, 06:32 PM