Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Favourite Game Devs
Who are some of your favourite game developers? This can be a single people or entire companies, indie or commercial, even active/alive or closed/dead!
Your reasons can be anything you prefer as well, whether you like the developers themselves, just the games they make, their effect on other games, or whatever.

One of my favourites is Jonathan Blow. Not only did I thoroughly enjoy Braid (I'm currently replaying it for the third time) and the Witness looks amazing, but from some interviews and talks I've seen he has an interesting view on games and what they are as a medium. I enjoy watching him talk about games, different aspects about them and what he thinks of what other developers do. I agree with a lot of his points, although sometimes I'm at odds with his opinions. One of the things he mentions a number of times is that "click" you get in your head when you figure something out, and I really like it when that happens in a game.

I also like Terry Cavanagh. His two commercial games VVVVVV and Super Hexagon are both quite difficult, but at the same time I love the ideas they use. He also has a great taste in music, I love both of their soundtracks.

So yeah, tell us which devs you like and why!
You may have a fresh start any moment you choose, for this thing that we call "failure" is not the falling down, but the staying down. -Mary Pickford
Thanked by: Omnikariz

Messages In This Thread
Favourite Game Devs - by puggsoy - 07-15-2014, 03:51 AM
RE: Favourite Game Devs - by Maxpphire - 07-15-2014, 05:19 AM
RE: Favourite Game Devs - by puggsoy - 07-15-2014, 05:27 AM
RE: Favourite Game Devs - by Vipershark - 07-15-2014, 06:22 AM
RE: Favourite Game Devs - by MrYoshbert - 07-15-2014, 08:41 AM
RE: Favourite Game Devs - by Mystie - 07-15-2014, 09:28 AM
RE: Favourite Game Devs - by Gors - 07-16-2014, 06:43 AM
RE: Favourite Game Devs - by Omnikariz - 07-16-2014, 12:35 PM
RE: Favourite Game Devs - by NICKtendo DS - 07-16-2014, 03:06 PM
RE: Favourite Game Devs - by E-Man - 07-18-2014, 05:21 AM