Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
COMPETITION: All-American Hero (Rules & Discussion)
[Image: r6zOhyU.png]
ALL-AMERICAN HERO CONTEST

PRIZES
1st: Mercenary Kings (Steam), Gold 'MURICA Badge [Image: VuIbwOv.png]
2nd: Spec Ops: The Line (Steam), Silver 'MURICA Badge [Image: fDgNjmA.png]
3rd: BioShock (Steam), Bronze 'MURICA Badge [Image: SUkGt3p.png]
Runner-up entries will receive an honorable mention 'MURICA Badge [Image: UiXYj0M.png]

End Date: July 31st, 11:59pm GMT

Who says that July 4th only falls on one day of the year!?

America is in need of reminding who the Real American Hero is, and it's up to you to show them. Who is it? You decide! They don't even really need to be American (!?) - just be considered a hero to America. The definition of this is down to you. Rambo? Hulk Hogan? SUPERMAN!?

While the rules are pretty loose, please be aware that the judges will consider the Americanism of your choice. If they believe that the character isn't particularly notably AMERICA then you may lose marks.

Entries can be any form of pixel art that you desire - large static images, animations, single sprites, etc.

Rules:
One entry per user.
Have fun!

The winner will be decided by a panel of anonymous judges in order to keep biased voting to a minimum. Entries that will receive the honorable mention badge are limited to entries of particular note, being of particular high quality, but that did not fall within the top three rankings. In other words, in order to be judged (or just counted as having participated), your entry must be at least near-completed and have actual effort put into it. A crappy drawing or very unfinished WIP will not be counted as participation. You have 20 days to work on your entry, so make sure your entry is something that you can realistically finish within that time limit. You don't have to use all 20 days, of course, but they're available to you if you need them.
Only entries submitted through the Competition thread will be considered for judging. CLICK HERE TO SUBMIT ENTRIES.

Feel free to use this thread to post your works in progress, discuss the competition and help fellow contributors improve their work.

Disclaimer: Badges subject to change. Prizes will be delivered upon judging completed, and a cool-off period of 3 days has passed during which time any disagreements can be posted.
Tsunami Bomb - The Simple Truth
We could run away
Leave behind anything paper
Not knowing where we're going to stay
When there's no Mondays

You're part of me, it's so easy to see the simple truth
When I'm in your arms, I feel safe from harm and sorrow too
You're part of me, it's so easy to see the simple truth
But most of all, nothing couldn't be solved when I'm with you

Messages In This Thread
COMPETITION: All-American Hero (Rules & Discussion) - by Dazz - 07-11-2014, 12:05 PM