Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sword Art Appreciation - Anime Thread
Man, I hate how in western cartoons their eyes turn into hearts or dollar signs whenever they see a pretty girl or money, respectively. Or do that thing where their tongue pops out when they see boobs.

Or when the same stock sound effects occur regardless of the action, especially when that weird stock startled cat squeal happens every time someone throws something away. Worse yet is when whacky mayhem is condensed to just showing a house shaking with wacky sound effects.

Also, I really wish that things in western animation weren't so focused on this whole squashing and stretching things. Bones and anatomy don't work that way! Stop with those noodley arms and legs!

And gee, it's weird how Mickey Mouse's ears always turn to face the "camera", it doesn't make any sense!

Get over it. Visual tropes and quirks exist for a reason. It's because people learn from imitating other art that came before them, or work towards emulating a certain well-liked style. Artists, especially those involved in pop art (like cartoons and anime) draw in ways that are known to grab people's attention and get a good reaction. They're just different due to cultures being different, whoop-dee-doo. It's such a small complaint, it's not even worth mentioning.

Stop shitting on anime-styled stuff that you don't like just because you wanna romanticize the stuff you grew up watching. Don't post in the anime thread with "man does anime weird me out." It's an opinion, sure, but what good and healthy discussion could possibly come from that, dude?
Thanked by: Maxpphire, recme

Messages In This Thread
Sword Art Appreciation - Anime Thread - by Rhyme - 07-06-2014, 03:35 PM
RE: Sword Art Appreciation - Anime Thread - by Tellis - 11-24-2014, 01:45 AM