Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
How on earth do you rip Pikmin models?
(02-22-2015, 01:17 AM)lemurboy12 Wrote:
(02-22-2015, 12:13 AM)Radzdahound Wrote:
(02-21-2015, 01:54 AM)humbert0 Wrote: Any updates on how to rip them?

Surprisingly, no! Lemurboy12 still hasn't responded! xD

I'll look into them some more tomorrow if I have time, though I doubt I'll be able to actually do anything with em' considering my limited knowledge of Wii file formats. I did see something about 3D .mod files for the DS recently, though... so maybe the Wii uses the same format? If i find out anything I'll let you know. Wink 
I just used 3D Ripper DX and replaced a model with Mario. All I wanted was that Mario model.

Woah! Surprise Thanks for the info, lemurboy! Big Grin Sorry if it seemed like I was trying to make fun of you for not responding in my previous post.

Believe it or not, I was actually just about to post that I had successfully gotten 3DRipperDX to work and extract some of the models right when I saw this! xD ...I guess I did it correctly, then! Thanks for helping out anyway, though! I appreciate it! Smile 

Here's a screenshot of a successful test rip in Blender:

[Image: iozSr9B.png]

As you can see, the dimensions are incorrect and the textures didn't export correctly. ...Oh, they're there! They just aren't... right. They won't open in anything for whatever reason, including Blender! I suppose they're corrupted? But they have a decently large file size, so... something's in there. I'll send the textures to anyone who's interested to see if they can open them.

I'll try and re-size the model rip and get those textures working, although keep in mind that I am limited as I *cough* don't have 3DS Max as my trial expired *cough*.

EDIT:

[Image: jKZBxFe.png]
It's still a little warped and the textures are still un-readable, but.... Smile

EDIT2:

[Image: xDci3UA.png]
A quick (And terrible) test-render. It isn't warped now! Smile Just gotta' get those darn textures...

FINAL EDIT: Sorry for so many edits. Just don't want to double-post. Tongue I got the textures! Big Grin Some of them didn't come out correctly, but hey! They converted alright once I used a dds converter that actually understand this type of dds (Both Blender and Paint.Net surprisingly didn't understand these! And they support dds!), so I got em' if anyone wants them. Big Grin (But you don't want them, right? Wink ) They're still not anywhere close enough to being release-able (The size is still meh, the polys are messed up in some areas, and the textures are glitchy in quite a few spots. Plus no rig/animations as far as I'm aware.), but they did rip, they do work, and I am willing to share what I currently have if anyone can't wait and reealllyy wants it. Smile

Gonna' stop working on this for tonight, so... yeah. Big thanks to Lemurboy12 and iminzc for suggesting I use 3D Ripper DX! Smile
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: How on earth do you rip Pikmin models? - by Radzdahound - 02-22-2015, 01:29 AM