Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
The All-Around Sprite Preview Thread: Season 2
Well, after lingering around the site for over a year, I've finally returned with some more spriting goodness.

[Image: 335f7f7.png]

My first experience with Winkawaks was a bit rocky as my earlier attempts to access Magical Drop II kept being met with proclamations of missing files and plug-ins, so most of the sprites were ripped through Nebula which, in the case of the Empress, seemed a little easier with the ability to alter the position of each section of the sprite in order to get a full representation to rip.  It wasn't until I re-downloaded a different version (?) of Winkawaks that I managed to get the game to load and dig out any unused sprites that I, at least, haven't seen playing the game straight through.

Before you ask, though, no the Black Pierrot is not playable in the arcade version.  I mainly ripped his sprite by toiling around the stage (Which will only show up if you beat the normal line-up without losing) until I can uncover all of his poses and animations, then checking Tile Viewer to make sure I didn't miss anything.  He is unlockable in the SNES version (More on that later).

Lastly, I ripped the Empress sheet as she appeared upon unlocking her, Devil, and Strength (by pressing down on each available character in the order of their Tarot number).  There was no way for me to get around this problem aside from Tile Viewer, or painstakingly recoloring her, though with her icon bearing the same colors, I have a feeling the alternate colors were intentional, given all P2 opponents appear with their alternate colors regardless of who we play as.

Opening
Opening

The Fool
The Fool

The Magician
The Magician

The High Priestess
The High Priestess

The Empress
The Empress

The Chariot
The Chariot

Strength
Strength

Justice
Justice

The Devil
The Devil

The Star
The Star

The World
The World

The Black Pierrot
The Black Pierrot

Now for the SNES version.  Like the first Magical Drop, the characters, themselves, take over the Pierrot's place catching, moving, and throwing the drops.  There's less animations in the sprites than the last one, obviously because the portraits are no longer drawn in a greek-anime style.

Empress, Devil, and Strength still have to be unlocked, however, this time you just need to beat the game in order to access them.  The Black Pierrot is a lot harder to unlock since the same conditions need to be met just to get him to appear.  While he does have an ending, he has no alternate color for both his sprite, portrait, and background.

One last thing to note, I left the default vSNES background for the character endings mostly for consistency when aligning them to the main background.  The Black Pierrot's is pink because, annoyingly, the default color blended in with the brighter shade of his in-game sprite.

Battle Backgrounds
Battle Backgrounds

The Fool
The Fool

The Magician
The Magician

The High Priestess
The High Priestess

The Empress
The Empress

The Chariot
The Chariot

Strength
Strength

Justice
Justice

The Devil
The Devil

The Star
The Star

The World
The World

The Black Pierrot
The Black Pierrot
Currently working on:

Mega Man Zero 2-4
Bosses

Picross Nintendo Power Vol. 1-8
Animated Picross

Ranma 1/2: Chounai Gekitou Hen
Misc Stuff
Backgrounds
Characters

Ranma 1/2 Hard Battle
Cutscenes
Misc Stuff

Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan
Levels

Elite Beat Agents
Intermissions
Menus

Super Robot Taisen OG Saga: Endless Frontier
Overworld & Battle Sprites
Portraits

Magical Drop III
Drops/Balloon Sprites
Competition Mode Sprites
Thanked by: redblueyellow

Messages In This Thread
RE: The All-Around Sprite Preview Thread: Season 2 - by White-Jet - 07-14-2015, 03:19 AM