Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Splatoon
Splatoon was a bit of a miss in the E3 stream that Nintendo presented. A lot of people saw it, thought it looked a bit generic and moved on. It's awesome.

I went to a Nintendo event yesterday, and Splatoon was on demo with a 4v4 match. It was AWESOME. Best game on show from Nintendo, on par with Smash Bros.

The concept is simple - you need to paint as much of the GROUND as you can with your team's colour of ink. You travel slower in enemy ink, and at normal speed in your own - but you also travel faster in "Squid" form, which also restocks your Ink gun. When in Squid form, enemies can't see you if you're in your own coloured ink.

The game is fast paced, and very clever in how they keep the game going, and it makes dying not feel like such a chore. Similar to how Battlefield works, when you die, you can jump to a member of your party using map on your gamepad.

It's super competitive, and super fun. It's also a really cool demonstration of female characters being used in a very "this just is" kind of manner.

What do you guys think from what you've seen? Any questions?
Tsunami Bomb - The Simple Truth
We could run away
Leave behind anything paper
Not knowing where we're going to stay
When there's no Mondays

You're part of me, it's so easy to see the simple truth
When I'm in your arms, I feel safe from harm and sorrow too
You're part of me, it's so easy to see the simple truth
But most of all, nothing couldn't be solved when I'm with you

Messages In This Thread
Splatoon - by Dazz - 06-26-2014, 11:22 AM
RE: Splatoon - by Vipershark - 06-26-2014, 04:05 PM