Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
[WIP] FF6-style Toad sprite sheet
(05-20-2014, 10:10 PM)Ishimaru Chiaki Wrote:
(05-19-2014, 10:39 PM)AshuraAlchemist Wrote: hope you don't mind me being blunt. But this and the yoshi sprite don't look like final fantasy sprites, just a standard rpg overworld sprite.

Is it because of the color palette ? If yes, as I said earlier, I'm working on it, grabbing colors from different FF6 resources, but I work 32h a week and so I cannot be on my PC all day, so I can't go as fast as I'd want ! I'd need a Time-Turner from Harry Potter for that !

Is it anything else ? Explain it ! It may seem obvious for you, but I'm [/b]new[b] to this so I might miss some points ! Even propose an example !

So excuse me for being blunt in return but after I saw this post at lunch time, I spent the whole afternoon with the lil' hamster running like as if it was chased by a bunch of hungry cats and I was flooded by doubts about my skills, by the fact that this post isn't very constructive !

has nothing to do with the colors, its the character designs that are the problem. FF6 is a game where even the OW sprites still look dark, mostly by the design. So when you take a mario character and place them in that style, its not going to be in that style unless you change the design of the character to match it. Do not take this as me bashing since I am not, the sprites are decent, just not in the style you want them to be. which is going to be amazingly difficult to do in ff6 style.
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: [WIP] FF6-style Toad sprite sheet - by E-Man - 05-19-2014, 06:49 AM
RE: [WIP] FF6-style Toad sprite sheet - by Iocus - 05-19-2014, 07:02 AM
RE: [WIP] FF6-style Toad sprite sheet - by -Ash- - 05-19-2014, 10:39 PM
RE: [WIP] FF6-style Toad sprite sheet - by -Ash- - 05-22-2014, 11:40 AM
RE: [WIP] FF6-style Toad sprite sheet - by Iocus - 05-21-2014, 06:43 AM