Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
[Update] Quest For a New Slave - An idea of comic with Kefka
Phew, I was really nervous before reading the reply but finally it went better than I expected (can't help but being a fearball, lol)

(05-18-2014, 07:25 AM)E-Man Wrote: This is very interesting. It feels relatively fresh and it is not bad compared to most beginner sprite comics. Anyway, try looking at more successful sprite comics to give you more ideas on how to do layouts, effects, and humor. Those should give you ideas on how to make your comics even better.

Thanks ! I used Gimp's guides a lot to align the elements. About the layout, yes I know the quickly-done heading (which wasn't really official yet) was added at the end. I also based the image size on the battle background I used. Actually I don't know if there is any size standard regarding sprite comics.

Quote:Also, while I do like the gag that is presented here, I'm having mixed feelings about whether or not making the entire comic about Yoshi playing out the adventures of Final Fantasy 6 would be the best premiss if this would be a sprite comic series. Instead, maybe it could focus on Kefka's attempts to find a new slave other than Terra, which lead to him seeking out other video game characters with mixed results?

The "Find a Slave Quest" idea sounds good actually and I'm thinking about other candidates. But if I take characters from other videogames, I can't guarantee the sprite used will be the same style unless I make them myself (if not arleady done). For example, while I actually found a FF6-styled Pikachu sprite sheet, some other characters have no FF6-styled sprite sheet, and some characters such as Robo from Chrono Trigger will be hard to adapt due to his width.
With this idea, I can work on a better heading or even an intro page. For example,
Sabin : Kefka ! Wait !!!
Kefka : Wait he said ? Do I look like a waiter ?

[Image: linuxuser2.png][Image: userbar_gimp.png]
[Image: Yoshi-UserBar.png]
My DeviantArt gallery
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: My first sprite comic attempt : What If #1 - by Ishimaru Chiaki - 05-18-2014, 01:14 PM