Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
[WIP] FF6-style Yoshi sprite - my first sprite sheet
Hello everyone !

As a fan of FF6 and Yoshi, I gave myself a challenge to gimp lately : making a Final Fantasy 6 styled sprite sheet of the cute green dinosaur (and eventually his friends).

Since it's my first custom sprite, I know it isn't perfect yet and it needs to be improved, so here's why I post this here so I can have advices (even if I'm really nervous about it).

Here is the sprite sheet :

v1.0
[Image: ff6_style_yoshi_sprite-v1.gif]
Enlarged 4 times : link

(I based Yoshi's tent on Mog's tent - the one with the star on top)
Some poses were more difficult to make than other. Especially the "Front view with head bent forward" (5th row, 1st column), I'm not sure the head actually look bent forward compared to the rear and side view.

And I made animated GIFs to visualize the outcome (4x original size)
[Image: ff6-style-yoshi-front-anim.gif] [Image: ff6-style-yoshi-rear-anim.gif] [Image: ff6-style-yoshi-side-anim.gif]

V2.0
[Image: ff6_style_yoshi_sprite-v2.gif]

And 4x size version : link

V3.0
[Image: ff6_style_yoshi_sprite-v3.gif]

4x size : link

Second version of Yoshi's Critical pose
Here is it
[Image: ff6-style-yoshi-critical-v2.gif]

4x size link

V4.0
More in style with FF6 SNES version !
[Image: ff6_style_yoshi_sprite-v4.gif]

Animations (Walking front view, Walking rear view, Walking side view, Victory, Laughing, Spellcasting)
[Image: ff6-style-yoshi-front-anim-small-v2.gif] [Image: ff6-style-yoshi-rear-anim-small-v2.gif] [Image: ff6-style-yoshi-side-anim-small-v2.gif] [Image: ff6-style-yoshi-victory-anim-small-v2.gif] [Image: ff6-style-yoshi-laughing-anim-small-v2.gif] [Image: ff6-style-yoshi-spellcasting-anim-small-v2.gif]

The same anims, enlarged 4 times
[Image: ff6-style-yoshi-front-anim-v2.gif] [Image: ff6-style-yoshi-rear-anim-v2.gif] [Image: ff6-style-yoshi-side-anim-v2.gif] [Image: ff6-style-yoshi-victory-anim-v2.gif] [Image: ff6-style-yoshi-laughing-anim-v2.gif] [Image: ff6-style-yoshi-spellcasting-anim-v2.gif]

First extra sprites, related to Yoshi's special abilities !
[Image: ff6_style_yoshi_extrasprite-v1.gif]

For now I just did "Swallow" and "Egg Lay" poses + large egg (when Yoshi uses his Egg Shield or swallows a large enemy) + small egg.

All updates will be gathered on this post.

Thanks in advance for the advices.

ps : misstux84 is a username I use on some sites. I went close to choose it for this board but I finally decided to use my Japanese username.
Sabin : Kefka ! Wait !!!
Kefka : Wait he said ? Do I look like a waiter ?

[Image: linuxuser2.png][Image: userbar_gimp.png]
[Image: Yoshi-UserBar.png]
My DeviantArt gallery
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
[WIP] FF6-style Yoshi sprite - my first sprite sheet - by Ishimaru Chiaki - 05-11-2014, 12:11 AM