Users browsing this thread: 4 Guest(s)
Depictions of Women in Gaming (and other related issues)
As I agree that a good character should show their personality in how they appear, I do think that having a few overly objectified characters is fine in small doses. Definitely when the game comes off as a satire to begin with (Fat Princess Etc.)
As Ivy has been getting more crazy with her outfits, her character is quite solid. I have a feeling that Namco just has no way of showing her progress considering that she cannot physically age. Sex objects will exist for a long time, even if it is completely unintentional... Even with all of that back story provided, some people will still only see the tits and/or muscles. Sometimes it cannot be helped. You also have to consider a few other factors in the design choice as well. (It is difficult to draw somebody and make it look like they had traumatic times just from the design alone without making them overtly gothic. Etc.)

Also about Lara Croft's reboot, it was supposed to show her before she became what she would later be known as. Nobody should start as strong and capable as they will later become. This includes male and female people/characters.
Love: Camo
3ds fc: 4296 3475 9143
Thanked by: psychospacecow

Messages In This Thread
RE: Depictions of Women in Gaming (and other related issues) - by soulcaliburfan - 02-27-2014, 01:53 PM