Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Paper Mario TTYD File Research: samp
I found the sample rates! Big Grin

I updated my OP to reflect this change, now I'm pretty much certain that the 32-byte structures in pmario.sdir encode sample information. I just need to figure out what the others are.

The two bytes at the start of this structure are likely an index number while I'm still trying to make sense of 0x04-0x07 (incrementing integer) along with 0C-0D. The latter is all 0x3C00 (15360) though. This number seems familiar, anyone got any ideas? Searches imply it could be volume but I have my doubts.

I get the feeling that the last 4 bytes are some kind of offset and I'm fairly certain that they point into the huge chunk of random data below that I mentioned previously; I just noticed that the 4 index bytes at 0x1C - 0x1F literally point to the start of the 'random' data past the 0xFFFFFFFF that seems to signify that the entry blocks end while the last set seem to point near the end of the file.

This implies that those structures I mentioned earlier starting with 0x0008 are in fact the beginning of what seem to be repeating 40-byte structures.
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
Paper Mario TTYD File Research: samp - by Phaze - 02-06-2014, 07:19 PM
RE: Paper Mario TTYD File Research: samp - by Phaze - 02-07-2014, 07:26 AM