Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
[WIP] Link - Zelda Series
[Image: 2ihl0si.png]

First, I am no spriter;I'm a programmer. That said, I have been working on a Zelda II remake for a few weeks(you may or may not have seen the thread in Creativity). I wanted something based upon the original concept art for Zelda II(not the manual cartoon BS). I also wanted something that wasn't Minish Cap and wasn't quite Lttp.

I decided to look at the Mana franchise. I wanted something easy to work with so my choices boiled down to Secret of Mana or Sword of Mana as a base to work from. I chose Sword of Mana. Even though it lacks animation frames compared to Secret of Mana, the sprites look a little more natural rather than anime as far as the body movement is concerned.

Anyway, my palette is probably junk. I tried working with Sword of Mana and LttP palettes. I am trying to get the palette near LttP as i will probably make custom tiles as well to suit the new size of Link.

Just looking for some clean up help, I guess, is what I am getting at. I am not looking to make a AAA game nor am I a decent spriter so I don't need perfection. However, it would be nice to get some movement on the hair, better shading, and better physics on the hat.
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
[WIP] Link - Zelda Series - by Theforeshadower - 11-07-2013, 04:14 AM
RE: [WIP] Link - Zelda Series - by Neweegee - 11-07-2013, 02:33 PM
RE: [WIP] Link - Zelda Series - by Quotient - 11-08-2013, 06:31 PM