Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Old WIP Zelda II Overworld Rework
Quote:By the way, before I attend to other things, could I offer two pieces of advice? For my first one, could you please not use the sprites from Link's Awakening and the Oracle games? Since they are being used with a completely different sprite style, the results are visually jarring. Might I suggest you either use Oracle sprites the whole way or use nothing but the custom sprites?

I am not using LA nor OoX. That style has since been dropped in favor of a custom style. That video is old.

Quote:As for my other gripe, would you please not use the MIDI files you find on a website like VG Music? The instruments used in the music sound hardly anything like their game counterparts and they sound really artificial. I would suggest to either use MP3 files of the actual Zelda tunes or use MIDI files that have better instrument samples.

I am actually not using vgmusic midi at all. All the music you heard in the video were custom remixed mp3s. Most of the songs head were using either LttP or Minish Cap instruments.

Quote:Forgive me for the rather blunt critique, but I was only pointing out ways for this game to improve. I know this will be a great Zelda game, so keep up the good work!

Critiques never bother me. The task itself of transforming Zelda II into a traditional Zelda game is actually quite easy. I already have a 28 page design document. The entire game scenario(all the scenarios that lead the player through the game), cutscenes, items, game play, story,day to night cycle,and 1/4 of the enemies is set in stone. Took about maybe 2 days to get that.

Zelda II is one of my favorite in the series. I already have the new version with the new style complete with movement, hookshot, sword, HUD, and day to night implemented.
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: Old WIP Zelda II Overworld Rework - by E-Man - 10-29-2013, 07:03 AM
RE: Old WIP Zelda II Overworld Rework - by Theforeshadower - 10-29-2013, 05:06 PM
RE: Old WIP Zelda II Overworld Rework - by E-Man - 11-04-2013, 08:51 AM