Users browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)
Ummm... Is Mario really a good guy?
I didn't watch the video (I'm at work right now and there is no way it would load all the way), but from my perspective Mario has been generally a good guy.

It takes a new spin on your mind when you get older. You're like "Geez, a psychopath who stomps on turtles for a living", but then you also have to take into account "Hey, those turtles are subjugating mushroom people", and so on. Also most of it is cartoon violence where it's logical for characters of most kinds to survive what is seemingly a gruesome death in any other scenario.

As for Mario's relationship with Luigi, he's been a pretty awesome brother in general. Luigi is sort of the tall, awkward brother, so some of the things he does may be subject to ridicule by most people, but I think Mario would still have his back. The games with the most on-screen interaction between the two are the Mario & Luigi RPGs, and in those their teamwork is tremendous. Some of the unique counterattacks you have to perform really show the lengths they'd go for each other. If anyone has played the latest Mario and Luigi, if you look at the attack where the screen scrolls left at the final boss, you get a pretty good idea for the length Mario'd go to help Luigi.
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
Ummm... Is Mario really a good guy? - by E-Man - 10-23-2013, 05:16 PM
RE: Ummm... Is Mario really a good guy? - by Gors - 10-24-2013, 04:44 PM
RE: Ummm... Is Mario really a good guy? - by TomGuycott - 10-25-2013, 05:03 PM
RE: Ummm... Is Mario really a good guy? - by Gors - 10-28-2013, 07:30 AM
RE: Ummm... Is Mario really a good guy? - by Gwen - 10-28-2013, 11:29 AM
RE: Ummm... Is Mario really a good guy? - by Gors - 10-28-2013, 01:33 PM
RE: Ummm... Is Mario really a good guy? - by Gors - 10-28-2013, 06:56 PM
RE: Ummm... Is Mario really a good guy? - by Gwen - 10-28-2013, 01:48 PM
RE: Ummm... Is Mario really a good guy? - by Gors - 10-28-2013, 03:01 PM