Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
[Java] Project Card Tactics (1v1 Single/Multiplayer)
[Image: Logo.png]
[Image: DragonAdventureEnt.png]
(which consists of me and... me, and sometimes if I can convince him, me)

Hello!
Project Card Tactics is a game I started making based on a random generator's randomness. The topic it gave me was Card Based FPS. I didn't make it an fps, but it definitely has some shooting in it... I guess!

It's essentially a card based tactical strategy game a la Fire Emblem/Advance Wars + Hearthstone/Scrolls. More focused on the tactical element than the cards in most areas. I have been working on this for about a month and a half now, and I've made some decent progress, I'd say. My intention for now is to have some multiplayer in and some cards before alpha, and I'll study how people play the game, the moves they make, and I'll use that gathered data to try to create an AI system. This is my first made from scratch game, so that's not something I've practiced much. I do intend to sell it, although not for very much. First game and such, and I'm not sure people would really be interested. Maybe $2 at most. Other than that I don't have many plans for the alpha and beta stages, so here's to things happening!

Gameplay
  • Player gets a deck of 20-60 random cards depending on the units they selected
  • They each have a general that is played automatically at the start of the game
  • The goal in normal mode is to defeat the opponent's general before he kills yours
  • General dying is defeat
  • Players earn gold for winning (a little for losing, but obviously not as much) battles, and they can use those to unlock more units that they can select to show up during a match
  • I play to have multiple modes and some customization options for multiplayer matches, so there's some diversity
  • Each general has his/her own unique ability that makes him/her different in play
  • Units also have abilities that change how you would use them
  • There are three categories of units as of right now: Land, Air, and Sea. Land units are strong against Air units, Air strong against Sea, and Sea is strong against Land.
  • Each general also has an affinity with these elements, and as such you are more likely to get cards of that affinity than you would be to get other cards (e.g. Sea general would be more likely to get Sea units, etc)

Screenshots
Yeah, I have some of these things.

And this is an old mockup from before the very beginning stages
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1049...Mockup.png
* All the graphics are placeholder, as I need a pixel artist desperately (though I wouldn't be able to pay unless I either got hired by anyone I sent applications to, or after I started selling it), so if you're willing to lend a hand I'd be more than happy to have you! Really!

So that's it in a nutshell, I can't really think of anything else to add. Hoping to release an alpha demo of multiplayer this month or next month!

Thanks and Salutations
One more breath,
Me to her,
All it took,
She was gone.
Thanked by: puggsoy

Messages In This Thread
[Java] Project Card Tactics (1v1 Single/Multiplayer) - by Ashedragon - 10-15-2013, 01:05 AM
RE: Project Card Tactics - by puggsoy - 10-15-2013, 02:30 AM
RE: Project Card Tactics - by Ashedragon - 10-15-2013, 08:26 AM
RE: Project Card Tactics - by Ashedragon - 10-16-2013, 10:35 PM
RE: Project Card Tactics - by puggsoy - 10-16-2013, 10:52 PM
RE: Project Card Tactics - by Ashedragon - 10-17-2013, 12:09 AM
RE: Project Card Tactics - by puggsoy - 10-17-2013, 01:09 AM
RE: Project Card Tactics - by Ashedragon - 10-17-2013, 02:22 AM
RE: Project Card Tactics - by Ashedragon - 10-21-2013, 01:44 AM