Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Below Kryll, A.K.A. another PortalGuru indie puzzle platformer thread
Game link here.

Okay so

Basically what you have here is a one-player standard action-platformer where you play as a ninja and run, jump, slash things, pray at shrines, level up, gain new skills, and get all sorts of new character-progression-y things along the way.

The game is split into two "worlds", "Upper Kryll" and the "real world". Upper Kryll is designed by the developers, and more or less acts as the game's campaign mode. The game is still in very early alpha, so Upper Kryll is still not fully playable, as some parts are under construction, but you probably won't be spending nearly as much time there as you will in the "real world", where the bulk of the experience lies.

The true twist/draw to Below Kryll isn't in its mechanics or its predesigned stages, but in its community creation tools. Any member of the game's userbase can enter the "real world", and, for 50 in-game coins (obtained from completing levels), build their own section of the world. Save for a "base" layer of rooms at the surface of the world, everything underneath is completely user generated, and all rooms are connected, making the entire world seem seamless and whole, rather than simply being a collection of disjointed levels.

It's also completely free, so I'd urge you to play it, if not for the spectacular sense of exploration, at least so that I can have people to chat with.

Yup okay that was my post seeya on the flipside guys

Oh yeah and a video might be nice too so here's that
[Image: Bear2.png]
[Image: tumblr_ljk17tWfME1qd7kbno1_250.gif]
Thanked by: Sevenstitch, renboy

Messages In This Thread
Below Kryll, A.K.A. another PortalGuru indie puzzle platformer thread - by ThePortalGuru - 07-26-2013, 02:01 AM