Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
Space shooting game
So I'm making this game, it's about a space ship that shoots at things. I don't think I will be adding any more stuff, if I could get my hands on some decent sound effects the game would be complete.

The first thing I thought was getting the sounds of one of my favorite shooting games, Axelay. The basic idea being that if I take all the sound effects from the same game, they will be consistant.

So I think, "piece of cake, it's 2013, probably all the sound effects of every SNES game ever made have already been ripped long ago". Of course, I was wrong.

A quick google search yields only the music of the game which is not what I am looking for.

Then I figure I could ripp the sound out of the game ROM, but turns out I can only get the samples, which are not very usefull to me because I have 0 skill in sound manipulation.

Lastly I thought about getting the sound by going into the game's sound test menu, recording everything with Audacity, and finally tiding up the files by removing un-needed parts. Everything was perfect, except for the fact Axelay has no sound test mode (my memory of the game was very jaded) Sad

So the question is, is there another way of getting the game's sound effects other than playing it with the BGM channel off? Because that, does not sound like a cup of tea, at all.
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
Space shooting game - by Polaris - 06-30-2013, 06:05 PM
RE: Space shooting game - by Garamonde - 06-30-2013, 06:17 PM
RE: Space shooting game - by puggsoy - 06-30-2013, 06:34 PM
RE: Space shooting game - by Polaris - 07-01-2013, 03:20 AM
RE: Space shooting game - by puggsoy - 07-01-2013, 05:52 AM