Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Getting serious on designs
Recently I've been learning a lot more about what goes into good game design, so I'm been both inspired to do more towards making a non-fan game of my own lately and made aware just how much extra planning and detail I have to put into
everything about the game.

Long story short, I'm wanting critique not just on how well these sprites are made, but how much and how well the poses/designs protray something about the character. Ideally I'd like every pose and animation to ooze some sort of personality about them.
[Image: t0q.png]
Which becomes an issue with three main character are sibling living suits of armor that turn into dragons.
I hope I'm not going too much into game design here, but I think it might be revelant to mention some things just to make sure the poses work well for both who the characters are and what I want to use them for.
Gold is supposed to be the dense heroic type. The sort of person that would charge into a fortress filled with enemies to save some one JUST because its the heroic thing to do. He's also the heavy power character.
Bronze is supposed to contrast Gold a bit, being the sort of guy who'd take the safer or more common sense route. And really only is adventuring because his other two siblings are doing so as well as its really one of the only tasks a living suit of armor would be suited for. Bronze is the light fast character.
I've yet to quite nail down a personality for Silver. While Gold tends to represent the stereotypical hero path, and Bronze the practical lets get this down with the least fuss path, Silver is supposed to be the one that chooses, and often has to represent the players choice between two or more options.
Example: First quest/proper level will have the three attempt to save a princess from a crazy wizard, this guy specifically:
[Image: 9cr.png]
Gold will want to run in and conquer the entire castle, while bronze will want to just scale the unguarded outer wall and up the tower, and save the princess that way. The player will get to choose which path to take.
But I don't want Silver to just be a mute player mic piece devoid of any real character, so he needs to look and act like someone who could take either option at any point.

So... Any advice, C+C? I'd like the current designs to be final, but I'm willing change elements if I really need to. I'm more than willing to start over with the same design for better posework though.
Christianity is my faith not my religion. And neither should be pushed upon people.
HELP-Need as much C+C and playtesting as I can get on my SHMUP Megaman reimagining!
[Image: mx9RKdo.png]
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
Getting serious on designs - by Terminal Devastation - 06-27-2013, 03:20 PM
RE: Getting serious on designs - by Sketchasaurus - 06-27-2013, 09:11 PM
RE: Getting serious on designs - by x0_000 - 06-27-2013, 09:23 PM
RE: Getting serious on designs - by TheShyGuy - 04-24-2014, 04:42 PM
RE: Getting serious on designs - by TheShyGuy - 06-28-2014, 08:14 PM