Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
[Models] Little Wolf: and the 3 Evil Piggies
thanks for the kind words guys,
I use blender to Model / UV / Rig / Animate in. The UV's placement I was fairly happy with, I started by typical unwrap, realigned mirrored body parts to eachother (I wanted the tail and body to be asymetrical which admittedly I didn't take full advantage of) I then played around with rearranging the islands and scaled all UV's at once so they maintained appropriate coverage. A tip some of the kind people of polycount gave me was to align the UV's to 90 degree angles where possible so lines don't staircase, it helped a tone at keeping the lines looking clean~ish.
I drew the textures using a mixture of blenders model paint feature (to clean up seams) and Paint tool sai, which I mostly used the airbrush tool for, but finer details I swapped to the binary tool to keep things looking crisp.

Lexou I assume your talking about multiple samey colored areas, at time of unwrapping I had a much harsher texturing style in mind (a lot more contrasting tones and fine details) so I unwrapped it as if I were going to do so, ofc I changed the style (quite glad I did) I think I'll plan other characters better so I can benefit as you suggest in the face.

E-Man its intended to become an indie game but I'd not want to get ahead of myself, I have a bad track record with game projects, so I'd rather see how far I go with the models first.
Guy, for the sake of seeing what it'd look like, it actually looks quite nice, with a few UV fixes I may use it.
[Image: dqXJMWq.gif]

Messages In This Thread
RE: [Models] Little Wolf: and the 3 Evil Piggies - by Bombshell93 - 06-01-2013, 07:28 PM