Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Just some artwork I created [Art]
(05-31-2013, 02:27 PM)Gorsalami Wrote: well, first of all, interesting stuff you got there

Though as you already know, there are a lot of places you could be better on, such as lines and stuff. I'll get the pic that stands out the most for me,
which has everything you should work on (and therefore applies to all your other words listed in the post). I'll treat every issue in topics:

(Your critique)

I'll end here for now. Drawing is not easy, but if you work on it regularly, you'll get better at it. Smile

You must be the friend Mighty Jitters told me about. She said you would point out my flaws, so that was expected.

I thought for sure that I worked out all the kinks in my art style and created a style that anyone can like, but I guess I still have a few bugs to work out before I even think about being among the best. Thank you for the tips.

Now, when you said that I should use cool colors to show shading for now on, does that have anything to do with the complementary colors? I can imagine that blue and purple would work just fine, but green? Also, how can one shade anything that is already blue without using black? I think the way I shade could work in nearly any situation, but this shading style you brought up might be worth investigating.

That's funny... I thought I was doing a good job on the texturing. Did you notice the fur and hair on some of the pics? What else does that lack? More blue by any chance? *Chuckles*

*Scratches head* My artwork looks beveled? I don't know what to tell you about that. My only guess is to either make the areas of shading wider, or make them darker. As it is now, the shading in the more smaller areas look fine to me.

Ah, anatomy... It is the bane of every artist out there. No matter how good your artwork looks, if there is at least one flaw in the anatomy, the piece is labeled as trash. I can wholesomely agree that it is one of my weaknesses. I tried to get around that by employing construction shapes and using the line of action more often, but I think I need to apply more detail if I wish to truly perfect it. If only I could really understand those muscles in a way that would please everyone...

I thought I nailed posing, too. I tend to act out the poses and see if they work, so I can hardly imagine what I'm doing wrong there. As for the part about falling over, I can imagine that. I used to flip my drawings to see if they lean, but I guess I'm slacking a little on that...

As for my style, I just roll with anything I am currently dealing with. I can do anime, semi-realism, cartoon, creepy sketch, and anything else. The only thing that stays constant is how I shade.

I thought for sure that I only had one or two things that need to be changed, but with a total of six, I'm not sure how I would even rise from this seemingly low tier of artistic talent.

Anyway, I gotta hand it to you. You certainly take your artwork seriously enough. By your advice, I have the right to assume that you're the best one on this site.
(02-27-2014, 07:31 PM)Gors Wrote: DO NOT BE AFRAID TO SUCK. DO NOT BE AFRAID TO SHOW YOUR SUCKY ART. I think this needs to go noticed to everyone, because sucking is not failing. Sucking is part of the fun of learning and if you don't suck, then you won't own at pixelart

it's ok to suck, sucking is not bad, just try and aim to always do your best!
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
Just some artwork I created [Art] - by E-Man - 05-26-2013, 09:31 PM
RE: Just some artwork I created [Art] - by E-Man - 05-28-2013, 08:50 AM
RE: Just some artwork I created [Art] - by E-Man - 05-31-2013, 01:54 PM
RE: Just some artwork I created [Art] - by Gors - 05-31-2013, 02:27 PM
RE: Just some artwork I created [Art] - by E-Man - 05-31-2013, 03:19 PM
RE: Just some artwork I created [Art] - by Gors - 05-31-2013, 03:59 PM
RE: Just some artwork I created [Art] - by E-Man - 05-31-2013, 04:13 PM
RE: Just some artwork I created [Art] - by E-Man - 05-31-2013, 07:29 PM
RE: Just some artwork I created [Art] - by E-Man - 07-02-2013, 02:31 PM
RE: Just some artwork I created [Art] - by Marth - 07-04-2013, 06:52 PM