Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Windows EXE graphic extraction (Holdover)?
(04-04-2013, 03:15 AM)Random Talking Bush Wrote: Try this. It's what I use.
It's worth a shot. Thanks.

(04-04-2013, 06:44 AM)Previous Wrote: I know this doesn't help with the issue at all but
I think those people didn't understand the inflate/deflate aspect of compression. Deflate -> compress, inflate -> decompress. So ".deflated" would be more correct for a compressed file!
To be more precise, "DEFLATE" is the name of a specific compression algorithm, using a combination of LZ77 and Huffman. It's used by gzip, PNG and ZIP files (among others).
This is really far-fetched, but maybe those files use this compression method (they could just as well use any other, though). You could try to rename them to .gz and .zip and see if either can be decompressed with their respective decompressor - if you're lucky, they're of one of these file types. I'd say it's worth to try, even if it's likely to fail.
Doh, I knew that. Tongue But yeah, renaming the files doesn't work either. I'm guessing that's because they're partitioned something fierce - a single sprite spread over several juiced files. Normally, you could take several of these files and just rename them in parts, and recombine them. Problem, all of the inflated files don't have any real pattern or string to them. I have no bloody clue what's what. The files literally go something like "3532523453.inflated". Now, if there was a file that was "3532523454.inflated", then I'd have at least something to go on. But it's all completely jumbled. :X

On the positive side, juicing the .exe file decompresses audio files without any real hitch. So...I guess that's something. In any case, while I'm waiting and experiment for this to pan out, I guess I'll just rip some other game. I remember a couple of thousand years ago, I said I'd rip Orphan Feast. X_X
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: Windows EXE graphic extraction (Holdover)? - by -Q- - 04-04-2013, 01:15 PM