Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Poll: Improve tSR Compos (multiple choices!)
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Smaller tasks that don't take too much time
7.69%
5 7.69%
Bigger tasks but more time
3.08%
2 3.08%
More restrictions (size, palette, ...)
6.15%
4 6.15%
More feedback, comments & criticism on submissions
16.92%
11 16.92%
Focus on special techniques (+ tutorials?)
12.31%
8 12.31%
Difficulty tiers like begginer, intermediate, advanced with increasing difficulty
7.69%
5 7.69%
I'm just too busy at the moment
15.38%
10 15.38%
Generally not interested
3.08%
2 3.08%
Non-spriting art competitions (music, sound, 3D, digital painting, ...)
6.15%
4 6.15%
I'd rather have a collaboration project (big pixel, tower, grow)
7.69%
5 7.69%
How about monthly activities instead (one topic for a whole month, no contest, do as much as you want)
13.85%
9 13.85%
Total 65 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

tSRCompos & Activities
Exactly, when you wind up going with another medium of art it's almost hard to go back to the other. Not because you can't do it or anything, its really more or less because you want to get better at the other medium.

Far as that goes I wouldn't mind going back to doing sprites again, but far as I am concerned my interests in art have become bigger. If I were to go back into spriting I would much rather be doing animations than still work and nothing more.

Now for the other thing I kind of want to point out.

Honestly, far as that part you scratched out about the older user base vs. the younger user base. I'm actually kind of inclined to agree, but I don't really see much of the hostility that would go around (unless we're referring to people who can't seem to handle criticism we give and all the sudden they have to spread rumors about us, then that's something we just have to deal with. We're not going to get a new member that's willing to accept how we do things around here 24/7). Maybe it's because I don't lurk as much as I used to, but honestly I have my own things to do and generally I go to the general discussion, game discussion, or the creativity boards. I very rarely come here unless I'm really bored to do so.

I won't lie, I actually care about where this community goes. And so far as time went on I've seen a lot of improvement since 4 and a half - 5 years ago when the split between TSR and PT was made. We've all come a long way from where we were back then. And if you looked back at some of the things that happened here late PT and early TSR, there was a lot more hostility here than there is now, and actually, it's kind of heartwarming and great that it's lowered down where most of us have become more and more mature and there's been less bullshit. I'm not the perfect member to say much about it or actually be in the position where I can actually make a massive contribution here (or have a sense of maturity to actually deal with certain social situations, which I admit from deep down), but from and observational point of view it's something I think we as a community can be happy about that.

That said, I think we need to start opening the doors to newcomers here. Sure, it won't be easy and chances are it will mean that we'd have to make more changes to that, but in the end who's to say it won't work in the long run? We've already got the point where the community has aged, but if we want to keep this place alive in general we'd have to start getting our mindset changed with newer members, then we might see participation in more activities that we hold here.

That's just another two cents I have about this, but I think that's just somewhere that I would stand at this point.
Discord is Dioshiba#9513
Thanked by: Garamonde, Gors, Gaia

Messages In This Thread
tSRCompos & Activities - by Previous - 03-22-2013, 10:00 AM
RE: tSRCompos & Activities - by Previous - 03-29-2013, 03:42 PM
RE: tSRCompos & Activities - by Gaia - 03-31-2013, 03:49 PM
RE: tSRCompos & Activities - by DioShiba - 03-31-2013, 06:39 PM
RE: tSRCompos & Activities - by Gors - 04-01-2013, 10:15 AM
RE: tSRCompos & Activities - by DioShiba - 04-01-2013, 02:05 PM
RE: tSRCompos & Activities - by Masamune - 06-07-2013, 01:21 AM
RE: tSRCompo 17: Pac-Man Reimagined || Poll about tSRCompos - by DioShiba - 03-30-2013, 09:15 PM