Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
NOSTALGIA WEEK [February Event]
Hey yo tSRians. How about participating in this small event of sorts? No competition involved; I just want to see creativity flowing in here!

I think everyone here were little brats some time ago, right? And you used to eat things, do things, watch things... It does bring back fond memories, doesn't it? Then, how about pixelling them?

This Event's purpose is to sprite a character, a thing, an object or scene, that reminds you of your childhood. Come on, some of you guys must've watched Bobby's World or Care Bears or something! Be sure to explain what you're pixelling, too.

There is no limitation to the sprite, nor it needs to be 100% accurate to the original. Give it your flavor to the characters. The objective is to have fun!

This event starts TODAY and ends February 28th. If this proves to be successful, I'll pin it and maybe extend it for another week.

I know it's kinda embarassing starting with a rough sketch, but here's my take on Anpanman:

[Image: 9tHP9KX.png]

I used to watch this since I was like, 4 years old. It's an kids' anime about superheroes whose heads are made up of different kind of breads. This is the protagonist. I'll polish it later today!

Expect really warped childhood memories from me. Mine's a blend of Japanese and Brazilian nostalgia.

TL;DR

1-Make something that reminds you of your childhood;
2-Post it here;
3-????
4-Profit.
Spriter Gors】【Bandcamp】【Twitter】【YouTube】【Tumblr】【Portifolio
If you like my C+C, please rate me up. It helps me know I'm helping!
[Image: deT1vCJ.png]

Messages In This Thread
NOSTALGIA WEEK [February Event] - by Gors - 02-20-2013, 06:23 AM
RE: NOSTALGIA WEEK [February Event] - by Gors - 02-20-2013, 07:42 AM
RE: NOSTALGIA WEEK [February Event] - by recme - 02-21-2013, 10:20 PM
RE: NOSTALGIA WEEK [February Event] - by Sunlight - 02-22-2013, 04:33 PM
RE: NOSTALGIA WEEK [February Event] - by recme - 02-24-2013, 07:00 PM
RE: NOSTALGIA WEEK [February Event] - by Zac - 02-24-2013, 07:15 PM
RE: NOSTALGIA WEEK [February Event] - by recme - 02-24-2013, 09:42 PM
RE: NOSTALGIA WEEK [February Event] - by Gors - 02-26-2013, 11:08 PM