Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Nintendo 64 Texture Ripping Tutorial
Welcome to the Nintendo 64 Texture Ripping Guide!

I was looking for some good tutorials for N64 texture ripping when I first started doing it, but couldn't find any, so I decided to make one!

=Required Programs=

1.Project64
2.RiceVideoPlugin
3.Any N64 rom

Once you download and install both programs, move all of the files from the RiceVideo folder to the section called "Plugin" in the Project64 folder.
While you have the "Plugin" folder opened, create a new folder, name it texture_dump, this will be where the ripped textures will go once extracted.
Now run the actual Project64 program. Once there, press Ctrl+ T or click "Settings..." in the "Options" menu.
You'll get a window like this...
[Image: i4TUgiLNWYmOf.png]
If you moved the RicePlugin files correctly it should show up in the "Video (graphics) plugin" options when clicked. Select "Mudlord's Rice Video Build 6.1.4" and you are now free to exit the window.

=Ripping the Textures=
Now that you've set everything up, you're now ready to extract the textures!
Open the rom, that you downloaded before, in the Project64 program. You now want to play the game itself until you reach the specific place/room you want to extract the textures from.
I'll be using Kirby 64 for this tutorial.
You'll want to click "Configure Graphics Plugin..."
Place a check mark in the "Dump textures to files" box.

Remember the texture_dump folder you created? If you've done this all correctly, the textures that are being extracted from the game should be appearing in that folder!
That's basically all you need to know, just repeat the process for any rom and it should work fine!

=Tips=
Occasionally you'll have games that do not utilize the control stick, you'll need to assign control keys for the "digital" section of the "Configure Controller Plugin..." menu.

If there is anything I can do to make this easier to understand, let me know! :)
[Image: 582217063e.png][Image: RWDCRik.png]

Thanked by: Garamonde, puggsoy, Phaze

Messages In This Thread
Nintendo 64 Texture Ripping Tutorial - by Shade - 02-07-2013, 10:09 AM