Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Avengers Alliance (.swf) sprite ripping
(03-04-2013, 06:51 AM)Davy Jones Wrote: I've tried SWF tools and can't find an .exe. I've also read that it's stuff that works with command lines and I have no idea how do anything with it.

I'm a bit late here, but here goes:
Generally what you do is install the tools via the exe found here to install SWFTools.

After this it seems you may need to add the folder to your path so cmd will know where to look for the exes. To do this, open the "My Computer" folder and right click anywhere, selecting Properties. Select "Advanced System Settings", followed by "Environment Variables".

Look for "PATH" under "User variables for YourUserNameHere", select it, then click "Edit". If there's nothing in your PATH environment variable, you can just place "C:\Program Files\SWFTools\" into it, but if there's something else already there, you'll need to separate the two with a semicolon, like so (my own PATH):

Code:
C:\MinGW\bin;C:\Program Files\OpenSSH\bin;C:\Program Files\SWFTools

Note the ";C:\Program Files\SWFTools". Anyway, once this is done you'll need to open a CMD window in order to access the command line.

To open up a cmd window via the "Run..." option in the start menu (or just hit WinKey+R) and type "cmd", followed by Enter. This will give you a black window that should start in your Home directory, assuming Windows 7 ("C:\Users\Phaze" in my case).

What you do from here is navigate to the directory where your SWF file is located (cd "C:\path\to your\SWF") and run swfextract like so:

Code:
swfextract filename.swf

It'll output the IDs of objects inside the SWF (I wonder why it doesn't just automate this...) and the required 'switch' in order to access them.

Code:
C:\gaston>swfextract Gaston.swf
Objects in file Gaston.swf:
[-i] 3 Shapes: ID(s) 1-3
[-s] 1 Sound: ID(s) 4
[-f] 1 Frame: ID(s) 0
[-m] 1 MP3 Soundstream

If I wanted the sound, I'd run "swfextract Gaston.swf -s 4" and I'd get "output.mp3".
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: Avengers Alliance sprite ripping - by Phaze - 01-18-2013, 11:51 AM
RE: Avengers Alliance sprite ripping - by puggsoy - 03-03-2013, 01:49 PM
RE: Avengers Alliance sprite ripping - by Phaze - 04-16-2013, 06:03 PM
RE: Avengers Alliance sprite ripping - by Phaze - 05-08-2013, 06:14 PM
RE: Avengers Alliance sprite ripping - by puggsoy - 06-21-2013, 10:45 PM
RE: Avengers Alliance sprite ripping - by puggsoy - 06-23-2013, 06:17 PM